Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change the File Open dialog box style to match other Windows programs?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Ryan_MooreWKNYJ
211 Views, 2 Replies

Can I change the File Open dialog box style to match other Windows programs?

Is there a way to change the style of the standard dialog box for file browsing (file open, xref, etc) so that it matches the style from File Explorer and other programs?  Specifically I want to be able to copy a path in the File Explorer address bar and paste that path into the dialog box of AutoCAD.  Since AutoCAD uses an older style without an address bar I am forced to either rely too heavily on quick access folders or manually navigate to my location (which often times is buried deep in layers of network folders).

I've been using AutoCAD for a really long time and it's always been this way but I'm just curious if the software was updated at some point to provide an option for this and I simply missed it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can paste the file path in the File Name box then press enter/open. That will take you to the location.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3

Fantastic.  I would have never thought to paste the file path in the file name box.  Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report