Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CADworx Model Wireframe

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
971 Views, 10 Replies

CADworx Model Wireframe

I've got a CW model that some portions are solids and some are wireframe in P3D 2016. I have the 2015 CW OE loaded and have scanned the forums but can't seem to find a resolution, help!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Sofia.Xanthopoulou
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

and welcome to the Autodesk Community.

What are you trying to do? Opening the CW model in AutoCAD?

Regards

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Yes, exactly!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Looks like there is no 2016 CW OE. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. 2015 is as high as it goes. Come on Intergraph, get it together already!
Message 5 of 11
Sofia.Xanthopoulou

Let's do one step at a time...

Which version of AutoCAD do you have? 

How do you import the external data? 

Can you upload a sample?

Thanks

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

2016. There is no external data import. I'm simply opening a CW model in Acad 2016. The result is wireframe with no 3D solids. I open the same model in 2015 and it all looks good. This is due to the fact that there is a 2015 CW OE but there isn't a CW OE for 2016.
Message 7 of 11
pendean

You need to be using Plant3D: it has the specialty tools for the task that Plain AutoCAD (even 2016) does not.

Autodesk drops (and adds) software all the time but they never make older software capable of features in other variants or newer versions or non-verticals like plain AutoCAD. Sorry, that's just how it is.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

It's funny you say to use P3D because this is where the problem originates. It will not display properly in P3D 2016, yet P3D 2015 works fine. Intergraph simply hasn't released the updated OE for 2016 or 2017 ACAD or P3D.

" it has the specialty tools for the task that Plain AutoCAD (even 2016) does not." What do you mean by this?

Message 9 of 11
pendean

>>>... Intergraph simply hasn't released the updated OE for 2016 or 2017 ACAD or P3D...<<<
I notice you keep adding new information with every new post: any reason you are not posting at the "intergraph" developer for assistance and guidance? their tools, their product, not sure why they stopped at 2015CW but that's their decision and you need to go over there to ask http://www.plantdesignsolutions.com/Support
Message 10 of 11
Sofia.Xanthopoulou

Hi @Anonymous,

you wrote :2016. There is no external data import. I'm simply opening a CW model in Acad 2016.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Cadworx is not from Autodesk - so it is external data. 

And as you said :Intergraph simply hasn't released the updated OE for 2016 or 2017 ACAD or P3D, 

which is not an Autodesk decision as @pendean stated correctly, so basically we cannot provide you a solution here.

Actually your post no 8 is the solution for all other reader, too. Feel free to mark it.

Regards

Message 11 of 11
dgorsman

I think a few people are using AutoCAD 2016 with CADWorx; you should check over in their forums and file a support request through the Intergraph portal as well.

There very well may not be a different object enabler as there were very few changes between the 2015 and 2016 releases, plus very little difference between the AutoCAD host versions and DWG versions.  Try checking the installation media, and perhaps try installing the CADWorx program itself - that typically installs the object enabler as well as the program.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost