CAD Block to have different unit precision than rest of the drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tellis
565 Views, 3 Replies

CAD Block to have different unit precision than rest of the drawing

Hey guys,

So I have an imperial drawings that is set to 1/8" precision. In a block that I'm making I require 1/32" precision. If I go into "Units" and change the precision to 1/32" is changes the entire drawing to that precision. Is there a way to have the block be a different precision than the rest of the drawing?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: tellis

UNITS precision ONLY alters the "display" of units while working, it does NOTHING to alter the accuracy of the components placed.  

The components are ALWAYS placed to 16 significant digits (32?), the UNITS precision will only change how that is displayed onscreen.

Always set AutoCAD UNITS precision to the smallest you can tolerate, and use the dimension precision setting to communicate within acceptable tolerances.

Message 3 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: tellis

Hi @tellis,

Randall offers a great explanation of the precision.  Do you have additional questions regarding this or can I provide additional resources to you?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
tellis
in reply to: Anonymous

This will work. I my original concern was with other computers using the block and them not having set their precision up correctly in their drawings, but I can work around this. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report