Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying New laptop that can support 3ds max and AutoCad

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1789 Views, 6 Replies

Buying New laptop that can support 3ds max and AutoCad

Hi all, I am an Interior Design student and i would like to purchase a new laptop for my studies. My previous laptop can no longer support the software (3ds max and Autocad). I tried to search for help from Autodesk Forum and tried a few solutions yet they were all to no avail, the issue was believed to be the incompetence of my laptop's graphic card (NVIDIA GEFORCE 930MX). I purchased a laptop with the minimum requirement needed for Autodesk software as i wanted to cut budget, and the outcome is an outdated graphic card after using the software smoothly for a year.

So, since my semester is getting busier, I cannot afford to catch up with the pace if I don't buy a new one. I would like to get the community's advice before purchasing a new laptop. This time I will increase my budget so I can get something better. I would like to get some user advice from you all.

I have a few brands in mind:

1) Lenovo (gaming series)

2) Asus (ROG series)

3) MSI - less prefeable

I would love to hear a few suggestions on the type and specs according to these brands. If you are a user of the related laptops i would appreciate your advice! Thanks in advance! Do help me out! Will appreciate a lot!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I would like to get the community's advice before purchasing a new laptop.

It depends on how big your projects are and which type of projects you are working with.

Please show us more details about that so we can give better suggestions.

If I read "Interior Design" that can be one piece of furniture presented as 2 or 3 rendered stills or contrary to that in terms of complexity a full animated project of a villa/palace/castle.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
braudpat

Hello

16/24/32 Gb Ram depending on the size of your 3D Models ?!

If possible Nvidia GTX 1060M or better ?!

Fast REAL Core I7 Mobile (4 cores/8 threads)... If possible basic speed 2.7-3.0 Ghz

For me a SSD is not a Must !

Happy New Year, Regards, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
pendean

My personal 'upgraded' suggestion:
Laptop: i7-6820HQ, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD (minimum), Quadro M2000M 4GB or FirePro W5170M 4GB

Whether your brands can go there or not, that may be the limitations of your chosen brands.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi, I focus mostly on residential, offices and retail, the project size is quite big. However, a powerful laptop that can support animation rendering is not necessary. 

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

I'm planning on getting Nvidia GTX 1080M. Also, I've heard that there's no difference between i5 core and i7 core is it true?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
braudpat

Hello

If you have a budget problem :

- The GTX 1070M is enough

- Take a REAL 4 Cores Core i5 Mobile but a FAST ONE  ! Or the Fastest ONE available !

Regards, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report