Did you mean: 

breaking a line into short segments

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
marcoPNQPT
1978 Views, 3 Replies

breaking a line into short segments

Good day, I need to lasercut a part but I want it to stay attached to the plate with a series of tabs, equally spaced and equally long. The reason for this is that I then need to roll the part and the offcut plate will serve as greening.

Once that it is rolled I can then manually cut off all the tabs to release the part from its greening.

To do this I would like to break the continuous line into a series of segments. The end result would be a line that looks like a hidden line but it is actually made of a collection of short segments.

I have tried to explode the hidden line repeatedly to see if the end-result is a collection of short segments, but that didn't work. 

Any idea appreciated, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: marcoPNQPT

You could try this lisp.

If you don't want to use a lisp, you could try using BREAK command - if you want the segments to be equal size then run DIVIDE command first to put points at equal spots along the lines and then snap to the points during the break command (NODE needs to be on in your snap settings to snap to points)

Message 3 of 4
imadHabash

Hi,

I suggest to follow this solved post that may help . >> Click <<

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
3wood

You can also use DXB printer to do the job.

Step 1. Command: PLOTTERMANAGER

Double-click "Add-A-Plotter Wizard" and then add "AutoCAD DXB file" plotter.

Step 2. Change all your lines into polylines, change their linetype as "DASHED" or a customized linetype so you can control the proportion of break and continuous part, adjust LTSCALE to suit your requirement, and also change all polyline property of "linetype generation" to "Enable" so you will get equally spaced dashed lines.

Step 3. Use command PLOT and use the DXB plotter created in Step 1 to export your drawing as a DXB file.

Step 4, Use command DXBIN to import that DXB file, rotate and scale it to match the original graphic.

Below is a simple example. Line above is the original line, lines below are imported segments.

dxb.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report