Did you mean: 

Break Line Symbol not accepting input

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
goalieump413
4924 Views, 5 Replies

Break Line Symbol not accepting input

First time post...

My question is about AutoCAD 2018, Express Tools, Break Line Symbol. After trying to adjust a couple of the drop down settings, the Break Line Symbol no longer accepts input. I can start the tool, change options (keeping the default 'BRKLINE.DWG' as the block), but once I select the first point, I can no longer select the second point to create the symbol. I can click in Model Space somewhere, but that point never gets locked in. Right clicking the second point also indicates 'invalid point'. 

The current block is still the default 'brkline.dwg', and all I've adjusted are the sizes and extensions. I've tried a variety of adjusted parameters, but to no avail.

Any suggestions as to how to return the Break Line to default behavior?

Screenshot below...

break line .jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: goalieump413

Hi,

i suggest to restart your AutoCAD and try to do it first in a new blank dwg . 

Message 3 of 6
JohnHolding
in reply to: imadHabash

Hi How are you going?

I am having the same issue I have not been able to find a work around other than to create my own break line symbol as a poly line then using TR (trim) cut the lines that extend beyond the break line.

Not ideal but workable

Message 4 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: JohnHolding

IF you have really the same issue like threadopener(TO), it should be easy.

I think the TO case was only  that the block size or better the setting of DIMSCALE did not harmonize with the specified distance between 1st and 2nd point.
The distance from 1 to 2 was too short to represent the icon with the current settings.

If you test in a new blank file with the default icon, you should get the same error message so try a 10x longer distance, 100x longer distance.

For example: New file based on ACAD.DWT

Distance between p1 and p2 = 1 should work.

Breakline [F1]
http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-88667D3B-C98B-4C02-85F4-232DD4950841

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Either you reduce the Breakline Symbol size as per your need then try this or you should create breakline of longer length.

cmd:

Breakline ---> size ----> 0.25 (To reduce breakline symbol size)

Hope it works.

Best wishes

Sachendra

Message 6 of 6
meobeo257
in reply to: cadffm

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report