Did you mean: 

Break Command doesn't work after using Join

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
678 Views, 3 Replies

Break Command doesn't work after using Join

I have a fabric pattern drawn.  Sometimes the pattern must be modified for changes.  So for the pattern attached, I want to take out 3 inches from the right side (the back).  No scaling involved.  the pattern is a closed polyline, and to save having to explode, offset, extend, trim, and join; I thought that using the grips would be appropriate.  the bottom right hand side is no problem, just grab and drag.  The top right hand side however is joined to the top curve, which prevents the easy drag and drop, hence I thought about breaking the polyline in the very top right corner then drag the grip 3 inches to the left.  What I found out is if I use  BREAK enter, INT enter, select corner, @ select corner again, it breaks the polyline at that corner.  If I join the two pieces together using JOIN, if I try to break it again there, it will not work after the JOIN command.  There is other ways I can accomplish this, I'm just curious why it will not break it after using the join command.  Note, that it will break everywhere, after using join, except in the top right corner????  Any ideas why?  Thanks

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ArchD
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't open it. I'm so 2017. Sorry.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 4
user181
in reply to: Anonymous

I downloaded your drawing and encountered the same problem that I could break at the same location after using join.  I isolated the polyline and exploded it and ran the OVERKILL command that found several duplicate objects. After erasing them and using PEDIT and multiple option to join everything back together I still had the same problem. I used the REVERSE command on the polyline and then I was able to break it again.

Maybe someone has a reason for this but you can use REVERSE and then break again.

Hope this helps 

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: user181

Thanks for the time, It wasn't a huge deal, seeing as I could still accomplish my task by simply breaking the polyline at a different point.  I was more curious than anything, about why it didn't work after the join.  Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report