Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block reverting to a previous edit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1546 Views, 4 Replies

Block reverting to a previous edit

I created a block of a power plan in my drawing last year, it has since been updated (many times) and between yesterday and today when I opened the same file on our server, the block has reverted back to a much older saved version. (No one else has used this file, I am the only one working on it)

I opened an older drawing on my desktop which I know had the updated block, but that has also reverted to the old edited version of the block. I haven't edited this drawing since February. 

I know the block with the same name you copy into a file will change to the block in the drawing you copy it to, but I never copied this block and the problem is in all my drawings this block has changed and I have no idea why or how. I tried to open a .bak file to get the new version block and it was also the old block. 

I cannot seem to find a solution anywhere. I tried to find C drive locations of the blocks to see if there are other versions there, but it wasn't created with WBLOCK (so no paths) and only has its location in the drawing. 

I have PDF's of the new edit drawing so at least I have a record to update it to, but before I have to redo ALL that work, I wanted to check if I have missed something or if there is a way to get it back to the updated edited block? 

TIA

RM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jayhar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, @Anonymous 

Did you try to save as new block???

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists,

Please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

AutoCAD Certified Professional

Revit Architecture Certified Professional 

Thanks You
JAYHAR.M.J

Team Leader

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jayhar

As in save the edited version that I am trying to restore as new block?

I cannot find my edited block, which is the problem. 

Or save the old version as a new block? 

Message 4 of 5
cadffm

Hi @Anonymous 

So you have two problems, right?

The little one first

1.You don't have access to the last version of your block, right?

2.All your drawings shows the old version.

How many files we talk about?

If i am right, the most hope i have to find the last version is: Search in files which are on another drive!

Or inside ZIP/RAR Archives or in a eMail

Sebastian

Message 5 of 5
nrz13

Does your block use visibility states?  Is it possible the changes are updated within the block in another state?

Is it possible the changes to the block were saved, but the drawing itself wasn't saved?

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report