Did you mean: 

block file path

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1149 Views, 2 Replies

block file path

Hi am curently doing a job at work that a previous employee has worked on,

they have used a block for on of the drawings and i need to know the file in which it came from

any ideas on how to do this, i cant find anthing that shows its file path. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and welcome to AutoDesk Forum,

you can follow blocks and many things else by using ADCENTER command (Ctrl+2) see attached .

Ct.png

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> they have used a block for on of the drawings and i need to know the file in which it came from

A content of a drawing does not have something like a signature about "where it comes from".

So you might search your network folder for a file that contains a block with the same name or you can search for a file that has the same name as your block, but that does not say anything about "this is exactly that block".

A simple example, you might have got drawings from different vendors (persons or companies) and each contains a block "table" ... and they are different.

So just be careful, to find something with the same name does not mean that this is the real source of your block-definition.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report