Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bind Xref Layers to the Master Layers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
satya.yejju
504 Views, 7 Replies

Bind Xref Layers to the Master Layers

There was scaling issue when i am trying merge the reference file through "bind ->insert" option, This issue occurs when reference and master file having different working units and resolution units.

When i attached reference file the shared cell is small,later after doing bind ->insert then shared cell is getting enlarge. Does anybody know any solution for this problem?

After(Bind.insert)After(Bind.insert)Before(Bind.insert)Before(Bind.insert)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
imadHabash
in reply to: satya.yejju

Hi,

>> This issue occurs when reference and master file having different working units and resolution units. <<

when you BIND a drawing this drawing changed to block . now your binded xref take anew configuration from the new host drawing and for that some of your items will follow the new settings . 

Regards, 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
RobDraw

Your terminology is inaccurate. Proper terminology will get you more accurate answers.

This question has nothing to do with XREF layers at all.

Those are not cells, they are points. The size of them is controlled with PDSIZE. Please note, this will also change the size of all other points in the file.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 8
satya.yejju
in reply to: RobDraw

There was scaling issue when i am trying merge the reference file through "bind ->insert" option,

This issue occurs when reference and master file having different working units and resolution units.

When i attached reference file the block reference is small,

later after doing bind ->insert then block reference is getting enlarge.

Actually they are not cells ,those are block reference.

By mistake i wrote the title as wrong i tried to modify but can't.

Message 5 of 8
satya.yejju
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks for the response and

When we tried with Bind->bind option there was no issue but when we trying with  Bind->insert option issue is reproduced.Where can we change the setting for the item which are changed or is there any workaround .

Message 6 of 8
RobDraw

Are they blocks or points?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 8
ChicagoLooper

It looks like you are trying to bind an xref containing annotative blocks, where the xref drawing has a drawing scale which is different from the drawing scale in the receiving drawing. In the receiving drawing, type ANNOALLVISIBLE on command line then enter 1. Alternatively, you may click the annoallvisible icon on the status bar.

Hit this icon and make it blue.Hit this icon and make it blue.  

Chicagolooper
Message 8 of 8
satya.yejju
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

I tried with option still issue  is reproduced.here 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta