Did you mean: 

Batch Plot

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cs2kplus
345 Views, 6 Replies

Batch Plot

Hi,

I don't use Autocad very often. I am trying to batch plot. I have 14 layouts. When I plot they come out looking light and illegible. 

I figure I need to change the layout settings. But I don't know to what? I have use dwg to pdf and 11 x 17 size. No good. 

My first question is:

Can I change layouts globally or is it one by one.

My second question is:

What settings will give me a nice looking print?

I have attached a portion of my outcome for proprietary reasons.

I have also attached an output file if that helps. I only published 1 sheet on this one using batch plot.

NOTE: WHEN I DO A PRINT PREVIEW THE PLOT LOOKS GREAT WHEN I PRINT A SINGLE PAGE.

I suspect it's losing its quality when printed as a PDF. Perhaps an issue with the PDF translator/Driver?

I think I know what's happening here. When I do batch plotting I think it is setup for a different pc3 file. The one I print single prints is causing same issue with quality when using that pc3 file.

Thanks,

WayneF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: cs2kplus

Are you saying that the results of Publishing are different than if you use PLOT and print one sheet?

If so (well, just do this anyway!) - turn OFF background publishing and printing.

Set BACKGROUNDPLOT to 0

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
cs2kplus

Yes they are different. I tried what you said and they are coming out the same.

I attached a portion of the print for proprietary reasons.

Message 4 of 7
cs2kplus

Here is an output file if that helps.

I only published 1 sheet on this one using batch plot.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

@cs2kplus wrote:

I don't use Autocad very often...

Your screenshot tells me you use SHX stick fonts in AutoCAD, and your chosen PDF viewer's display settings are creating your shaded and unshaded text

pendean_0-1708614706443.png

Try a different PDF viewer. Or change your SHX fonts to TTF fonts.

Read this from Autodesk on the topic, there are very few alternatives unless you want to try plotting your DWG files from other programs to see if you get different results 

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Choppy-or-distorte... 

Message 6 of 7
cs2kplus
in reply to: pendean

This only occurs when batch plotting. Single prints are fine.

Message 7 of 7
pendean

@cs2kplus wrote:

This only occurs when batch plotting. Single prints are fine.

Your PUBLISH is using parameters that are very different from PLOT then: if they were identical you'd see identical results. Try this tip for PUBLISH command to capture your desired and saved plot settings

https://cadsetterout.com/autocad-tutorials/how-to-import-autocad-page-setups/#:~:text=Importing%20Pa... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report