Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch plot to pdf mutliple drawings with multiple layouts but want each drawing as its own pdf

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
RubenS1104
2605 Views, 22 Replies

Batch plot to pdf mutliple drawings with multiple layouts but want each drawing as its own pdf

So I have multiple drawings (over 100) that I would like to make into pdf's.  I usually just use CTRL+P for single layouts and then use PUBLISH for a dwg with multiple layouts.  Also use PUBLISH when I have multiple dwgs and want to make them into one pdf or I want to make multiple single sheet pdf's from all my drawings with only one layout.  What I haven't seen is a way to use PUBLISH to make pdf's of multiple drawings of multiple drawings with more than one layout.  I have to open up each drawing individually, PUBLISH, then close and open up then next drawing.  Is there a way to PUBLISH multiple drawings but have each one be its own multipage PDF?  Almost all these drawings are 2-3 pages and I'd like to figure out a way to PUBLISH all of them as their own 2-3 page PDF without having to do them individually.

Thank you.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
JTBWorld
in reply to: RubenS1104

Give our JTB Batch Publish a try as it has more flexibility when it comes to publish to single and multi-page PDF files. 

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 3 of 23
maratovich

No problem, use this - Revers 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 4 of 23
RubenS1104

Thanks, I'm just not prepared to pay for anything without knowing that it works first

Message 5 of 23
cadffm

Then there is one question only, 

why do you say

"just not prepared to pay for anything without knowing that it works first"

instead of test revers?

7 days should be enough to know if it works or not.

- Sebastian -
Message 6 of 23
RobDraw

Why not use publish and set it to plot one sheet per layout?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 23
RubenS1104
in reply to: cadffm

I tried testing it and don't see how to do what I need.  If there is a way to do it and someone know how to do it with revers I would love to know as this is something I've been needing to do for a while.

I have multiple projects that I need to do this for on a fairly regular basis.  For the one I'm working on right now there are about 60 drawings.  Every so often I need to update something in the title block and need to reprint all the drawings.  What I would like to do is publish all of them to pdf.  My issue is that these drawings all have 2-3 and some even have 4 layouts.  I would like to batch print them all but only have one pdf per drawing.  So if my first drawing has 3 layout tabs I want that pdf to only have 3 pages, 2nd is 4 layouts so I only need that one to have the 4 pages.  With PUBLISH I can either print all my drawings as one pdf or each layout tab as a single pdf.

I haven't seen how to do this with Revers.  If it is possible with Revers I would love to see how I need to set it up in order to do this.

Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 23
RubenS1104
in reply to: RobDraw

Publish only lets me either print one pdf that contains all the layouts in all the drawings or single sheet pdf's. If I have 60 drawings I want 60 pdf's, each pdf containing the number of layouts in that drawing.
Message 9 of 23
Vuxvix

As far as I know, Autocad doesn't have many extended features for printing. I also had the same problem as yours.
The way I do it is to use sheet set Manager to import all the layouts of the drawings I need and publish them in a single pdf file.
Then use a PDF editor (Acrobat Reader) to split them into sections (And be careful not to split the wrong number of pages).
Even with Sheet set manager: Page numbering is also a problem. As of now you can only enter it manually.

Message 10 of 23
maratovich

Please attach an example of your .dwg file

There is a video tutorial on the site, have you tried it?

Software development
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 11 of 23
JTBWorld

Did you try our JTB Batch Publish app? Try it for free to see if it works for you. 

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 12 of 23
RubenS1104
in reply to: Vuxvix

I usually end up opening them individually and creating the pdf's. By making one pdf and splitting I have to make sure I get the correct pages and then have to rename the pages I save from it. I just feel like its an extra step. I just open the drawing, publish and since I have the page setups already in the drawings it goes pretty quick for each drawing but it still adds up when I'm doing it for multiple drawings.

Thanks
Message 13 of 23
RubenS1104
in reply to: maratovich

I did check out the video but didn't see how to do what I am trying.  I attached two examples.  Each drawing has a COVER page.  One has two layouts including the cover page and the other drawing has 3 layouts including the cover page.  I had to remove info from the cover page and title block before attaching them here so thats why they look blank

Message 14 of 23
RubenS1104
in reply to: JTBWorld

I'm going to give JTB Batch Publish a try and see if it works.

Thanks
Message 15 of 23
pendean

Use SSM at all? One saved SSM file for each project that is. It will speed up your need to do it than your current harder way by a bit, but your desire does not exist in the program.

You will need to find and purchase a 3rd party add-on tool to do what you want: whip out a credit card after trialing to see if it meets your needs https://jtbworld.com/jtb-sheet-set-publish

HTH
Message 16 of 23
RubenS1104
in reply to: pendean

I have used it in the past. I end up using PUBLISH now. I have a few dsd files created for each project when I need to print the whole set in one pdf or to just print the wiring drawings, or just the equipment drawings, etc... The 3rd party app is what I'm trying to find now to help with this. I'm gonna be giving JTB a try today to see if it will do what I need.

Thank you.
Message 17 of 23
kirillovdm

Watch it

<iframe width="640" height="710" src="https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/c031fe07-26d9-4ccf-b094-34f83f52646a" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen></iframe>

Message 18 of 23
maratovich

Watch the video in the previous post.

Software development
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 19 of 23
Vuxvix

Hi!
I think the layouts you need to publish are not just done once, right? do you still have to reprint them every time there are edits!?
At least with sheetset you have to do it once. It also preserves the page setup for each layout. Or you can overwrite as needed without changing the settings for each layout. If there is no regulation on naming sheet for each project. I will leave the default: NameDWG-Namelayout.
Hope you find the right solution. i am also trying JTB batch Publish to improve my WIP.
Message 20 of 23
RubenS1104
in reply to: JTBWorld

Thanks, this worked great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost