Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Plot Locks my pdf files

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cadmaninreno
698 Views, 7 Replies

Batch Plot Locks my pdf files

When batch plotting to a multisheet or single sheet pdf file my pdf files end up having locks on them. The lock can be removed by opening the pdf in Adobe and resaving the file to a different pdf but it is annoying.

This does not happen when I  plot to a single sheet pdf file.

AutoCAD 2015

AutoCAD DWG to pdf driver.

Publish to: PDF is on in the dropdown.

This also happens when I publish using Publish to: plotter named in page setup! (creates single locked files)

Anyone have the same probelm?

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: cadmaninreno

That driver by default opens the pdf viewer when it finishes: turn that ability off and see if your issue goes away.
Also turn off Windows Explorer's preview feature is you have that on. You get no choice with this fix.
Message 3 of 8
cadmaninreno
in reply to: pendean

Did not solve the problem and I do have the Explorer preview off. Only does it with multi sheet pdf file. Weird...
Message 4 of 8
R_Tweed

Are you a domain user or local? I'm having the same issue.

Message 5 of 8
cadmaninreno
in reply to: R_Tweed

Local: I tried the pdf preview off suggestion without success. Pretty sure the problem was from a user permission issue with windows - folders  and AutoCAD. Can't remembered how I fixed the issue but I am having good results now.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: R_Tweed

I am having the same issue.  Sheets are located on a server.

Message 7 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Talk to your I.T. department: your Windows log-in and server permissions are likely the true issue if you've already tried all the other tips in the discussion.
Message 8 of 8
R_Tweed

Sorry if this is a repost.  I thought I replied and sent this out earlier but don't see it.

I came across an article in the Autodesk knowledge base. There are additional instructions but I'm listing what I did below as it fixed the problem for me.  Note that the lock was also appearing on zip files created using ssm-etransmit. 

I checked my registry settings and noticed that full control was not set. You can change permissions by selecting the entry and either right clicking for an option menu or by selecting from the edit pull down menu.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/What-u...

What user permissions does AutoCAD require? Issue:You want to know what permissions AutoCAD users require to use the software.
Solution:Autodesk software needs full permission to:

Registry Entries:
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AUTODESK
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AUTODESK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report