Did you mean: 

Batch Plot – Issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
yzahr8DDBA
712 Views, 4 Replies

Batch Plot – Issues

I'm trying to batch plot several drawings to PDF. however, I'm encountering a couple of issues

Issue 1: when the drawing gets converted to PDF it doesn't perfectly fit within the window. I read in another article that you can fix that by changing the pdf options. however, pdf options are not accessible in the batch plot window, that feature is only available in the print window, which would not help me since I'm converting multiple drawings to PDf, not just one. 

Issue 2: the lines are thick on the pdf. When I try to adjust the line weight it only fixes it for the drawing that I have initially opened in Autocad, not for the ones I added in the batch plot window.

Appreciate the support!

Cheers,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: yzahr8DDBA

1) that's a PAGESETUP (aka PLOT settings) problem that needs to be fixed for each file/layout, not easily done anywhere else.
2) you need to assign the correct plot style table or LWEIGHT settings in each file too.
Message 3 of 5
yzahr8DDBA
in reply to: pendean

I got around a thousand drawings that need to be converted into PDF, and I was hoping there would be a quicker/easier way of doing that.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: yzahr8DDBA

1. Launch Publish from a drawing that is not part of the publish set, but is configured with all your possible sheets and plotter options.
2. Bring in all the drawings/tabs to be published.
3. Import the pagesetup desired from the template file (in your case, one set up for exacting desired output, you might have to go with the largest sheet possible, you literally have no other control or option).
4. PUBLISH.

Other 3rd party purchased programs have offer more tips, but in AutoCAD it's going to be tough to guess at what works best for your 1000s of DWG files.

Best of luck.
Message 5 of 5
yzahr8DDBA
in reply to: pendean

Appreciate you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta