Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Errors

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
342 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk Errors

I'm not sure if the errors I've been receiving warrants a post asking for help in the forum but help would be very much appreciated.

I'll start with a little bit of history and explanation that might prove useful:

1. Got myself a gaming laptop with the following specs:

Processor: Intel i7 7700HQ 2.81GHz
Memory: 16.0 GB
GPU: 4.0 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (mobile one, of course)

2. AutoCAD and other apps working fine until one Windows update unfortunately screwed up my system

3. Brought it to a satellite service center and got it reformatted - I didn't get a factory state system when I received it but it was newly formatted and cleaned. It still crashed.

4. Brought it to the main service center and got it repaired - technician told me that the first technician apparently deleted(?) the recovery files when he reformatted it. Basically my laptop, whenever you'd reset it in recovery settings, will never remember what make it is and what other bloatware it comes with.

5. Settled for that because I preferred the bloatware removed anyway. Installed AutoCAD - it works fine.

6. Installed a game, game doesn't run on GPU, and I can't set it through NVIDIA Control Panel so I decided to update. After I updated, AutoCAD stopped working properly but my games work just fine.

Some notes: I run on the latest NVIDIA drivers from the GeForce Experience app. I'm on power mode not battery-saving mode.

Starting AutoCAD and working on projects work fine UNTIL it chooses to crash in random instances (based on my observations). It also BSODs my computer occasionally outputting this error: video_tdr_failure. Sometimes the drawing board would turn white and my cursor disappears whenever it enters this region but I can still see it when I move it to the ribbon and my taskbar - I can Ctrl + S my work when this happens and just close the drawing and reopen it again to work.

I'm at my wit's end, I've been looking for solutions for months but I haven't come across anything particularly helpful.

One sliver of hope I have is restoring a system image I saved just before I updated the drivers where AutoCAD works just fine.

errorerror

UPDATES: (found out about the edit feature late)

1. The support site solution outlines that I have dense hatching on my drawings as the cause but I haven't filled in any hatches yet.

2. HPMAXLINES to 100 didn't help. Updating drivers didn't help. Turning off hardware acceleration made it usable but is painstakingly slow in performance, not to mention the ugly lines.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm looking through the technical solutions provided by the support site but I'd rather not decrease graphics quality to increase performance.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

The support site relays this as the cause:

There are large or dense hatch patterns in the drawing causing a memory issue with the display driver on the system

But I haven't started filling in hatches yet but it still crashes.

Within the first few seconds of setting HPMAXLINES to 100, my system BSOD'ed on me.44324829_353173302168477_4419733231205613568_n.jpg

Message 4 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It also BSODs my computer occasionally outputting this

>> error: video_tdr_failure

Blue screen nowadays means defect hardware or in some cases only drivers not matching to OS and hardware.

That this happens with AutoCAD is because AutoCAD needs more resources from your graphic hardware than most other e.g. office-software.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I've went with extensive methods in making sure my drivers are the appropriate ones. Perhaps a defect in my hardware yes.

Right now I've come up with a temporary solution and AutoCAD hasn't crashed thus far: install & reinstall of all C++ packs in my system. I'll input that in my post.

Thanks for the response!

Message 6 of 10
neaton

The disappearing cursor has been around for a long time and is probably related to the video card. Instead of restarting AutoCAD try reselecting the current Visual Control from the upper left corner inside a viewport or in model space. You just need to reselect the active one; you don't need to change it to something else. Changing the Visual Style from the Ribbon doesn't bring the cursor back, but selecting from the viewport controls does. I have tried many of the tips in the forums to correct this and changing the visual style is the only one that works every time for those in my office.

Disappearing cursor.PNG

Nancy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Update:

I reverted back to a system image I backed up when AutoCAD was working well and my GPU drivers weren't updated. Is there any way I can update my GPU driver (NVIDIA GeForce 1050 M) without compromising AutoCAD performance? I've tried updating through GeForce Experience, the ASUS driver repository (their latest one is logged at 2018/03/06).

Message 8 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I reverted back to a system image I backed up when AutoCAD

>> was working well and my GPU drivers weren't updated. Is

>> there any way I can update my GPU driver

When you have found a state that is working well, why then again starting the journey to change a well working system?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Because my other applications don't work well with the outdated drivers
Message 10 of 10
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report