Did you mean: 

Autodesk Content Service - Flashing Screen Every 20 Seconds

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
534 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Content Service - Flashing Screen Every 20 Seconds

Hello,

I ran into an odd issue regarding the Autodesk Content Service today. 

All windows on the PC would flash a grey color, like they do when you click on a new window, every 20 seconds or so. 

Keyboard typing would also be interrupted immediately when the window flashed. This happened every 20 seconds whether Autodesk programs were open or not. 

I went into 'System Configuration' and unchecked the 'Autodesk Content Service', restarted the PC and the problem goes away instantly. If I turn the ACS back on, the problem comes back right away. I narrowed the issue down to Autodesk Content Service after an hour or testing each and every service more-or-less one by one. 

System details:

Nvidia Quadro K2200 with driver version 353.30 WHQL, tried two other drivers and both had the same problem. 

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3, 32GB DDR4 ECC RAM, etc. 

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

Tried Intel On-board graphics with the Quadro completely uninstalled and removed from the system and the issue still persisted. 

Tried two separate monitors with 2 different video cables, still persisted. 

Tried 3 sets of mice/keyboard combos and it still happened. 

Disabled and uninstalled anti-virus programs with no luck. 

I did a complete fresh reinstall of Windows 7 Pro and the problem still happened as soon as Autodesk Content Service was reenabled. 

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? My initial thought was that it was an incompatibility with the Quadro driver but with the driver uninstalled and card removed from the system the issue was still there. 

The problem is completely solved by the workaround of just disabling the ACS, but I'm wondering anyone has any ideas as to what could cause it. 

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wispoxy
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 4
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please try installing Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows Desktop?

This has helped a few other customers resolve this issue, without having to uninstall or otherwise disable the Autodesk Content Service.

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Awesome, I'll give that a shot. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report