Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2015-2018 Geolocation Online Map Hotfix

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
21416 Views, 11 Replies

Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2015-2018 Geolocation Online Map Hotfix

Hello,

Today I was asked to update my Geolocation Online Map or otherwise it would stop working after 6/30/2017. I applied the hotfix update and it was installed under C:Autodesk . The problem is that the hotfix didn't do anything and it still asks me to update my Geolocation everytime I try to turn on the maps for a drawing. I need help with this problem.. Thank you. 

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Cadologist
in reply to: Anonymous

I got this notification the other day also for the hotfix. Link to the hotfix below (which includes detailed instructions). Not sure what the solution is to your question, however the link below will provide additional details....

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoc...

Chad Franklin
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadologist

I already applied this hotfix and the issue I have is that it didn't do anything after the successful installation. 

Message 4 of 12
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community! 

Can you attach one of your files to a post along with the map settings? Once the map is configured it should not keep asking for information.

I suggest creating a new, clean drawing and using the GeoLocation. Save the drawing and open it back up. Does it behave properly?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 12
pendean

So when I installed this hotfix (after closeing AutoCAD) it appeared like nothing happened, then I noticed the installer did not actually kick-in. Right-clicking on the download and selecting RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR seemed to finish the installation. it then took a few minutes to complete.

Testing in a new file seemed to show it installed correctly: I did not get a chance to use it on a previously completed "geolcated" files.
Message 6 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 12
jcrispo

Hello All, 

I was having the same issue.  However, my issue was that after downloading the hotfix, if i clicked the file from the download window, Windows would open the file prior to extracting the file from the zip folder.  It made it appear that the file had been extracted.  Make sure you extract the exe. from the zip prior to running and then right click (as mentioned above) to run as administrator.   

Message 8 of 12

Hi

Exist another method to download or install the hotfix?

This link doesnt work, the download doesnt start.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoc...

Thanks

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 12

Yep - the link is down. Try >>THIS<< page instead. It sounds like a manual process.

Warren Geissler
Drafting Manager Denver Water

Please ACCEPT AS SOLUTON if this works
(...and doesn't melt your computer or cause Armageddon)

Message 10 of 12

Hi

Thanks for the response, it works OK even without js file (i dont found 2018 version of this)

Js files which type of function do?

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 11 of 12

I don't know what the js files do, but no worry. From that page:

Note: 
There is no js folder for the 2018 version of AutoCAD/AutoCADLT. 

Warren Geissler
Drafting Manager Denver Water

Please ACCEPT AS SOLUTON if this works
(...and doesn't melt your computer or cause Armageddon)

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: jcrispo

having same issue.  no fix.  being redirected to download this file

http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/files/genuine/Autodesk_AutoCAD_2015_to_2018_Geolocation_Onli...

which is an exe.  seems to instal but doesnt fix issue of asking me ...  is there a part 1 of the fix i am missing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory