Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Tools and Tools Catalog questions

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
291 Views, 0 Replies

AutoCad Tools and Tools Catalog questions

I am operating on Autocad 2015.  We'd like to use the tool palette and the tools for fire alarm, exit signs, bells, etc., offered in the Autocad Imperial Tool Catalog.  There are two issues.

The first issue is that I have successfully loaded several tools/symbols/blocks (not sure what they are properly called) and two of the them, both exit sign symbols, will not appear in the drawing when I select either and attempt to place it in the drawing.  The other tools go into the drawing just fine.  Is this a product problem? 

The second issue is related to the value of using these tools.  My colleagues are of the belief that these tools(blocks?) created by Autocad, and provided pre-designed in the tool catalogs, are already tagged with attributes which can be edited, added to, deleted, etc., AND that the data stored in the attributes can be extracted to a table in the drawing quantifying numbers and other information. I have been unable to find any information which claims the tools are designed with this capacity, or any instruction on how to work with them if they do have this capacity. I have attempted to edit attributes on the horn tool and it appears thatthe only entity I can edit is the letter H. Can anyone tell me if these Autocad tools are in fact designed with the capacities I described?

BTW - I am aware of how to create my own blocks, with attributes, and how to extract the data and insert a table into the drawing.   Has anyone found that creating your own blocks and attributes to be simpler than using the Autocad tools?

Thanks for any information or direction! 

Diane

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report