3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cturlington
6959 Views, 3 Replies

AUTOCAD-TEXT BACKGROUND MASK

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD 2015.

I want to use a background mask on my text but I also do not want my aerial image to get wiped-out.  Is there a way to have a gray-scale wipeout behind text but not affect the imagery that is referenced in the same file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

generally I would say no, not possible.

Imagine you have an arial image, above of that you have a hatch and again on top of that you have a text, now the text-object should have a wipeout that wipes out the hatch but not the image?

What you might try is to use hatches with color 255,255,255 on a special "myWipeOut" layer and in case the default text-wipeout (mask) does not fit to your needs you can create a hatch on that layer, use command _DRAWORDER to have it below the text/above the image and use the transparency (of the layer) to get the image visible.

But that's a workaround that needs to be used careful, draworder might swp and has to be verified before plot, the hatch as replacement for the MTEXT-mask does not follow the text itself if you move it (or do any other modification).

Sorry, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
M_Hensley
in reply to: cturlington

You could try using mtext with background mask set to background color. Put the mtext on a layer with transparency set. When plotting make sure plot transparecy is checked. Experiment with the transparency number of the layer to get a compromise between legible text and visible image.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cturlington

Another method is to use TEXTMASK.LSP with masktype as solid rather than wipeout (that's been included in Express Tools)? It works on both regular text and MTEXT. We've been using this method for years; another benefit is you can filter the text entities/masks by "solid" and change their color as required. The solids can be selected for individual editing if PICKSTYLE is set to 0 (rather than filtering).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report