Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad settings and preferences lost after every login...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
446 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCad settings and preferences lost after every login...

I had some computer problems and IT said I would just have to create a new login.  Well in this new login my preferences and settings are all lost after every time I log out.  

Does anyone know if I am missing a setting or something or is this just more computer issues?  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

This sounds like a pain. Have you checked with your IT group to verify that you have adequate permissions for AutoCAD? Do you use Roaming Profiles on your network?

You might try forcing a Workspace when starting AutoCAD to see if that works.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 6
pendean

A new Windows login also means all new default profiles for AutoCAD and all your other programs too. Everything staying on the same computer means nothing, it's how Microsoft let's IT scrub a PC clean and start over (and why your IT selected that option most likely).

You need to get back to your old login, export your old AutoCAD settings and Profile to a file, and re-import them under the new log-in.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I exported my profile from the old login and brought it over. Some of it
worked and some did not. Like I have a custom toolbar that I made but it
did not come with my profile for some reason. But again once set up it
loses all of that after each login.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

No roaming profiles and I am set as Administrator in this computer so...not
sure what this is.
Message 6 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you checked the system variable WSAUTOSAVE? Try setting it to a value of 1 to see if that helps to retain your settings.

You can type WORKSPACE and look at the settings as well. You might try creating a unique workspace and then do a SAVEAS manually for the workspace to see if it is retained.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report