Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad pdf lines

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1584 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad pdf lines

I am looking to create a PDF file of a line drawing from autocad. All of the line weights are set to default.

I like the way the preview looks and how the lines are consistent with each other when you zoom in and out of the drawing. (The preview is done in the autocad software). I want to translate that language into a PDF file.

When I produce the PDF and look at the drawing in adobe acrobat reader, the line weight is inconsistent. 

I wonder if someone knows of a setting where viewing the drawing in adobe looks the same as viewing the drawing in autocad. I am not looking to print this drawing, I want to view it on a monitor, but view it so that line weights are consistent with each other when zooming in and out. I do not need lines to be thicker than the other, just consistent when viewing/zooming in and out the drawing as a pdf/on a monitor.

Maybe pdf is not the way to approach this ? Any tips or advice on how to do this is appreciated 

Floor plan and section viewed in autocad plotting preview

autocad preview.JPG

Floor plan and section viewed in adobe.

Notice the lines are thin in some areas. 

adobe acrobat view.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

zoomed in on autocad.JPGzoomed in on pdf.JPG

Notice the difference in the yellow line. I double checked the 'draw order' for the lines to make sure the yellow is bold on top, and the same issue occurs

Message 3 of 5
michael_robertson

What/who is the intended target for these files? DWF files might provide what you are looking for but depends on your target.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michael_robertson

So I like the dwf drawing, it looks just how I want(zooming in and out, line weight consistency, color etc). But if I were to send this to someone who does not have autocad, what would be the best way for them to view this drawing? And can they view the same document on a mac? I have windows and produced this using autocad for windows, but I am sending this to a mac user.

Thanks

-E

Message 5 of 5
pendean

You MAC user will have no access to a DWF viewer app, this free web viewer may be their only option https://a360.autodesk.com/viewer/

IMHO your PDF issue are because you are trying to control the PDF viewer/app's display settings both on your PC and somehow on others PCs or MACs. It is what it is sadly, wor with it and not against it.
Note that DWF is a nice option that gets close to what you want but many out there resist using it, assuming they can get a viewer.

BTW Any reason you printed to an 11x17? Why aren't these on an A0/ARCHE 36c48 sheet? It might reduce some of the anxiety you have with the PDF viewer apps (or not).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory