Did you mean: 

AutoCAD on Windows 10

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
john.vellek
2718 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD on Windows 10

Do you have a new computer with Windows 10? Which versions of AutoCAD will work on it?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
john.vellek
in reply to: john.vellek

While Microsoft Windows 10 is not yet an officially supported operating system across the entire Autodesk product line, it does run AutoCAD 2015 and newer products.

Older versions (2013-2014), if installed prior to an operating system upgrade to Windows 10 should continue to function but are not supported configurations.

AutoCAD 2015 will install if Windows 10 update KB3081448 or later has been applied to the operating system.

For a list of supported AutoCAD versions and the required Windows updates or AutoCAD Service Packs, refer to this AKN Article.

Service Packs and Hotfixes can be found here.

Here are the system requirements for:

AutoCAD 2017

AutoCAD 2016

AutoCAD 2015

AutoCAD 2014

AutoCAD 2013

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Windows 10 Home ... not way to install AUTOCAD ? ...please helpto find a solution
only with Windows 10 (Desktop OS) is it possible?

Thanks 🙂
Message 4 of 11
watkins.erik

Are there issues with loading AutoCAD 2017 on a Windows 7 machine?  My computer meets all the requirements from AutoDesk but I'm getting this error (see pic).  Thx.

Message 5 of 11
ennujozlagam
in reply to: watkins.erik

@watkins.erik hello , try to download the autocad software from virtual agent. clear all your temp folder in c: drive those cannot delete just skip. switch off all your anti virus program and firewall before downloading and installations. thanks

click HERE

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 11
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous hello , try to download the autocad software from virtual agent. clear all your temp folder in c: drive those cannot delete just skip. switch off all your anti virus program and firewall before downloading and installations. thanks

click HERE

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 11
watkins.erik
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks.  I did clear my temp files and I didn't have an issue with my virus program or fire wall.  It actually installs on my computer but when I go to open it, it gives me that error.  I've tried to uninstall, and re-install - to no avail.

Message 8 of 11
ennujozlagam

@watkins.erik hello, before you open your autocad try to install latest updates and service packs from autodesk and see if can solve your issue. thanks

Message 9 of 11
watkins.erik
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I have a totally updated computer I'm working on.  I am loading 2016, it actually prompted me for my serial # before installing it.  I think 2017 just isn't ready yet, not sure why they even give you an option to download it.  Oh well.  Thanks for your time!

Message 10 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @watkins.erik,

I am sorry to see that you are having issues installing AutoCAD 2017 on your computer. The error you are seeing is indicating that a C++ component is not installed. This is an element that is from Microsoft and is typically installed via Windows Updates.

Here is an AKN Article that describes two different processes to get this rectified so that you can get your AutoCAD installed and running. If you continue to have difficulties I suggest you post in the Installation and Licensing forum here.

John Vellek

Message 11 of 11
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

There should be no issues in installing and running AutoCAD 2017 on the Windows 10 Home version as opposed to Windows 10. I suggest downloading a trial using the Virtual Agent and install it on your system. If you run into any installation problems then I suggest that you post in the Installation and Licensing forum for additional support from the Community.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report