Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Font Difficulties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
317 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad Font Difficulties

On one computer in my office and all the computers are setup the same.  I have loaded all the fonts on my computer onto their computer and that hasn't helped with our problem as well.  One individual has been using Rage Italic as a font for their signature.  Their computer has been recently refurbished and loaded with AutoCAD 2018.  Since they have had their new computer the Rage Italic signature format when you click on the font it shows it's Rage Italic but shows and prints out as regular block letters.  I have went to proxynotice, proxyshow, and proxygraphics and nothing has changed the font.  Any help would greatly be appreciated and if you have any questions please feel free to ask at your leisure.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Does this font show properly in other applications? Is it just AutoCAD that is having issues with it? What kind of font is it? 

How did it get installed? If it is a Windows font (TTF or OTF with postscript outlines) rt-click on the font file and select Install.

Can you share the file with me temporarily so i can try this on my side? If so, please email it to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and include a link to this thread in your email.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
GrantsPirate

The user should convert the signature in the proper font into a static object.  I do this by exploding the text, editing it, making a block and using that.  Never have to worry about font substitutions, etc.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 4 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share a drawing with this font so I can take a look? I would love to get this resolved for you. 

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report