Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Customization using custom c# dll

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1048 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Customization using custom c# dll

I have started to customize AutoCAD using a custom C# dll and in the VBA code I want to generate some geometrical objects (Nodes, Elements, Soil Elements, Boundaries, etc) based on the input which I receive from a text file (it has between 12k - 20k lines depending on the complexity of the drawing).

My custom C# library does the read operations and get the inputs for the drawing.

The VBA code will then read the input from the custom dll and plot them in AutoCAD.

I need to create nodes, elements, etc and also renumber them if I add a few more nodes, elements manually after the read operation.

I have read articles which suggests AutoCAD Mechanical commands can accomplish the related tasks much faster than the equivalent AutoCAD commands. I tried running the code in AutoCAD Mechanical and it worked but when tried running in AutoCAD it gave me an error (Problem in loading application) for the geometry type library(GeAuto Type Library) when i am creating the interfaceObject. Please check the screenshot "application_error.PNG"

Public GeApp As GeApplication
Set GeApp = Application.GetInterfaceObject("Ge.Application")

Can anyone suggest me the alternative to this if I don't proceed with Mechanical and go ahead with AutoCAD?

What would be the pros and cons and the best solution?

Thanks in Advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

Your question is better suited over here at the customization forum.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Thanks Rob.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Answer: Use the .NET API and get rid of the VBA code.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report