AutoCAD - Associative array defaults to defpoints layer

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kameron.jones
239 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD - Associative array defaults to defpoints layer

Hello,

whenever I create an associate array, it changes the association to defpoints. Is there a setting to change this? I generally don't use associative arrays for the work I do as I array the base piece then add the differences on top of the new objects but every now and again I update or upgrade and forget to change that, but I wouldn't mind the associative array if i could change the default layer. Thanks for your help in advance!

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Associative array defaults to defpoints layer ]

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: kameron.jones

Was DEFPOINTS the current Layer when you started the ARRAY command?  It puts the Array object on the current Layer, no matter what the Layer(s) of the selected object(s) -- after all, that could involve multiple Layers, so it can't choose a single Layer from among those, to put the Array object on.  If you Explode an Associative Array, the resulting pieces are on the original Layer(s), not [necessarily] the Layer that the Array object was on.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
kameron.jones
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Haha, I knew I was doing something wrong thanks Kent, I think I fat-fingered a layer and changed my layer to defpoints... I think that is it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report