Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
32980 Views, 20 Replies

AutoCAD - Arrow Head Not Visible

sir

I send  a reference drawing for your review and Comments,

kindly please advise me...

Thanks

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Arrow Head Not Visible ]

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

maybe it's a layer matter ( off / freeze ) OR it's an draw order issue ( bring to front ) . would you please attache your CAD drawing to give you more help ? 

Regards,

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Sir

I attached the  Cad File 

Message 4 of 21
imadHabash

i suggest to change all of your Layout to a new one . your issue will be solved if you make a new layout from scratch.

Message 5 of 21
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

do you mean the arrows of the multileader objects?

If so please start command _PAGESETUP ==> modify and activate the option "Plot Paperspace last"

20180107_112710.png

Then the multileader objects on paperspace will be regenerated after the viewport contents and so visible.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 21
Pointdump
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

Thank you. Again I learned something from you.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 7 of 21
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi Dave,

you are very welcome!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous

Hello,

I was having the same problem, so I copied/paste an existing drawing into a new model, and now I see the arrows, however they are miniscule. I modified the size to 0'-0 3/8" and the arrow + text is small in both model and layout view. Started a completely new drawing I can see the arrow +text, but still quite small. I'm a student and uber new to AutoCad for Mac.

Thank you!

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

having same problem. My "plot paper space last" is checked already and dimmed so not changeable at least from that dialogue. Also my leaders are now consistently showing behind my drawing features which has never done before. Autocad LT 2020 latest build seems buggy.

Message 10 of 21
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> My "plot paper space last" is checked already and dimmed so

>> not changeable at least from that dialogue.

Which command did you start so that this option can't be changed? Also, any chance to see a screenshot from that?

>> Also my leaders are now consistently showing behind my drawing features

Please upload a dwg-file where I can see this issue.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 11 of 21
cadffm

@Anonymous  schrieb:

having same problem.

My "plot paper space last" is checked already and dimmed

No, you have another problem and should start your own Thread after searching solutions and some tests.

The option is greyed out if you try to plot from the Model tab. Model Tab => No Paperspace => No "plot paper space last"

If you have problems with the object display order:

Check SORTENTS and DRAWORDERCTL, set it to the default value, which you can see in your help [F1]

Use DRAWORDER to chance the order of display, [F1]

But first: Make sure you are using an updated product., Command: ABOUT

Still a problem?

Upload Screenshot of ABOUT dialog and share the ZIP from Command: ETRANSMIT

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 12 of 21
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: cadffm

Hi,

@cadffm 

>> The option is greyed out if you try to plot from the Model tab

You are so right, I never think about using plot from modelspace.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

Thank you for the several suggestions:

1. I assume since I have a product license it updates automatically. I know it performed an update sometime in the last few weeks. I found a hotfix download but it had zero instructions on what to do with it since it isn't a .exe file and no link to help on adding a hotfix.

2. In paperspace (layout tab) the plot paper space last option is checked

3. The draw order was set for the leaders to be on top so unclear how that effects having arrows draw or not (are they a separate object from the leader? Their is no option I could see for "draw arrows on top"). 

4. F1 unclear about sortents command and what would possibly be the correct setting to use or what this even does since it points you to draworder.

Anyway, this seems to be a long running problem in Acad but is random. I've posted the .dwg in case that helps.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous

Actually I'm taking this directly to autodesk support but appreciate people's suggestions.

Thanks

Message 15 of 21
cadffm

?

Your Arrow is missing in MODEL tab too,

Annotation problem / mleader style..

Create a mleader M U C H bigger (across the whole drawing, the the arrow again)

OR

Set CANNONSCALE to 1:1 to see the first time your "arrow" when you create a NEW mleader.

The Problem is your Arrow-SIZE in the style and your existing mleaders.

Set the size much smaller..

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 16 of 21
ChicagoLooper

You are using an Annotative Multi-Leader. Your viewport scale, your drawing scale and the annotative scale of your multi-leader are all consistent. Yay! Good job!

Your arrowheads don't show up because they are too big relative  to the arrow shaft. Even if the shaft was extended your multi-leader would look goofy when compared to the associated text height.

To make the arrows display without making your multi-leader look funky, do this:

1. Annotate Tab=>Leaders Panel=>Expand the panel by clicking the diagonal arrow (see image-1).
  2. Click Modify button (see image-2).
  3. Under Leader Format tab, change arrowhead symbol to 'Closed filled' and enter 0.12" for size. Then OK to exit.

1-Expand the Leaders panel.1-Expand the Leaders panel.

2-Modify the style named Architectural Standard.2-Modify the style named Architectural Standard.

3-Change the Symbol style and Size as shown. (Don't forget the " symbol (inches).3-Change the Symbol style and Size as shown. (Don't forget the " symbol (inches).

Chicagolooper
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Thank you. Followed your instructions explicitly but still no arrowhead appears.
Message 18 of 21
cadffm

You should read all answers and read about the settings/command/variables.

I tried to sow you what the problem is, so you are able to read about it and test several settings #15

1. You are working with annotation styles, do you know what this feature is and how it works?

2. As i said: your Arrow head is to big (not enough space for such a big arrow)

Test it: Draw one bis mleader  across the whole drawing and you will see the BIG arrowhead, right?

3. Solution: Set your arrow SIZE (first tab in mleader-style dialog) to 5/128" for example

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

Thanks, that helped. I had followed #16 and the suggested size didn't have any effect. Your suggested size did the trick. I do get very confused by the lack of WYSIWYG in Autocad compared to GIS programs I'm more familiar with. There seems to be inordinate guesswork in figuring out text and leader sizes for example.

Message 20 of 21
ChicagoLooper

Your multi-leader should be in modelspace, not paperspace, and have annotative properties.  When your drawing scale is consistent with your VP scale your annotative objects such as mleaders will automatically adjust. 

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report