Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 30-day free trial downlad

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
5412 Views, 16 Replies

AutoCAD 30-day free trial downlad

I am contemplating 'trying' AutoCAD 2015, but, the program might involve far more features than I require, to create my drawings. Even though the advertisement on the Autodesk website specifies free trial download, the 'agreement' states a 'refund' of a licensing fee, should one decide, within 1 month, not to keep the program.  There's a licensing fee?  Where's the 'free' trial ?  I'm missing something.  Please advise if anybody has tried this offer.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

The software will indeed run 30 days as a free trial. The licensing fee is the actual purchase of a license.  

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

Hello.  Thanks for the reply.

So, the trial is actually not free;  one must pay for a license even just to 'test-drive' the software for a short time.
Is the amount of the license fee known?  Should one assume said fee is not refundable,
should it be discovered, that AutoCAD provides far too many features than really needed or too complex to use?
Message 4 of 17
nestly2

No, the trial is completely free to use for 30 days with no obligation.... you won't even be asked to disclose any personal or billing information if you choose to run it as a trial.

Each day you'll be reminded how many days are left in the trial period, but otherwise it will run the same as the full licensed version.  After 30 days it will simply stop working unless you purchase a license and activate the product with the license number.  Whatever you read about a refund would only apply after you've purchased a license.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Hello.  Thank you immensely for clarifying the terms of the free trial.  I now have less reservations and more inclined to participate in a test-drive of the 2015 software.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

So…I can safely put a check mark in each of the two boxes that appear below the  ‘License and Services Agreement’ and  ‘Trial Privacy Notice’ windows?  Apparently, Autodesk website will not allow me to 'continue' with subscribing to a free trial, unless I do indeed check the boxes.           Please understand, that I need to be assured of what I am concurring with.

Message 7 of 17
JDMather

Can you post the url and screen captures of what you are seeing.

The information you have given is completely unfamiliar to me (I have downloaded Autodesk Trials numerous times over the years).

Also, AutoCAD LT might be more appropriate to your need.

Or Fusion 360.

You should provide more information on your need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Hello.  As you requested:  the url of the Autodesk website:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/free-trial

Free Trial    Try AutoCAD for 30 days

'left click' on the red band that has ‘download trial’ in white text.

A ‘window’ appears with ‘terms’ that must be concurred with.

What am I doing wrong??!!

Message 9 of 17
nestly2

@Anonymous wrote:

So…I can safely put a check mark in each of the two boxes that appear below the  ‘License and Services Agreement’ and  ‘Trial Privacy Notice’ windows?  Apparently, Autodesk website will not allow me to 'continue' with subscribing to a free trial, unless I do indeed check the boxes.          

You've agreed to similar terms and privacy notices for virtually every piece of software on your computer.  If your primary concern was about whether there is a charge associated with downloading/installing/running the software as a trial, you can rest assured that there is not.

@JDMather   The reference to "refund" probably came from the License agreement  There is one reference in the 3rd paragraph and two more in Section 5 under Limited Warranty and Disclamers

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

I clicked on the free download banner;  a window opens and states that the download will begin 'shortly'...............don't close this window.

I waited10 minutes and nothing happened.    I clicked on 'retry' as instructed............same thing..........waited 10 minutes.....nothing....  

Message 11 of 17
nestly2

There are many who have reported having trouble with the online installer.  I suggest using the Virtual Agent, instead.  Ironically, when using this method, you won't be prompted to agree with the License and Privacy notices prior to downloading... instead you'll be presented with them during installation.. 

Do not be concerned that it's not labeled as a "trial".... all versions of AutoCAD install as trials unless/until activated with the license information.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

I finally managed to download AutoCAD 2015 free trial and discoverd, that it is far more advanced than my 2008 version; I don't really need all the bells and whistles provided.  But, the complexity of 2015 version is not my main issue;  I also wanted to determine, that the latest version of AutoCAD could actually 'open' drawings that I created with 2008 version.  However, I keep receiving the following message....."Invalid Drawing File"...............!!??  is there a step in a procedure that I am missing?  Does the drawing need to undergo a 'convertion' in order to be opened and viewed with 2015?

Message 13 of 17
M_Hensley

Any drawing created by AutoCAD 2008 can be opened by AutoCAD 2015 without any conversion. The error "invalid drawing file" means the file is probably corrupt.

Message 14 of 17
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

...  However, I keep receiving the following message....."Invalid Drawing File"...............!

Can you create, save, close and re-open a file that you create in 2015?

Can you attach a dwg file here that exhibits the behavior you describe above?

There is no significant difference between 2015 and earlier version other than the change in user interface.

You should quickly become aclimated with the newer interface, or you can still type the commands you are familiar with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: M_Hensley

Yes, the drawings, that were created with 2008 AutoCAD software, have been Cryptowalled [ locked shut ] and cannot be opened with 'any' later year software of AutoCAD.  My drawing files must be sent to a company with expertise in file retrieval, in order to penetrate this infamous Crytptowall virus, unlocked the files, salvage the drawings and transfer to a new media.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: M_Hensley

I agree, that AutoCAD 2015, should be able to open drawings, that were created with AutoCAD 2008.  I indeed attempted to open my 2008-generated drawings with 2015 software.....'Drawing File Invalid'...OK....so, the bottom line is, the infamous Cryptowall virus permanently encrypted my drawings and there IS no means available to unlock them.   End of story.   I thank all consultants on this forum for their suggestions, that likely 'would' have worked, had my drawings not been permanently corrupted..locked-close !!

Message 17 of 17
jeyaraman2904

trail version

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost