Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2022 issues with GTX 1660 Ti

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
awatson5EJAC
3351 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2022 issues with GTX 1660 Ti

I'm having issues with AutoCAD hardware acceleration with the GTX 1660Ti GPU. I've seen others post about this GUP causing issues, but my issues seem to be different from what else I've seen here. 

A short list of the issues I'm having are laggy mouse and keyboard inputs (this only happens in AutoCAD), nearly hourly GPU crashes followed with "hardware acceleration disabled due to error" messages, and numerous minor visual issues. The main issue is the graphic driver crashes. This is a relatively new issue, as this never happened in AutoCAD 2021 or older versions. No other computer in our office has these issues, and all the other systems are running much older hardware with MUCH older drivers. I just updated my GPU driver and the issue seems to have gotten slightly worse. 

AutoCAD also seems to use a weirdly large amount of GPU memory (about 6GB if I have a few files open). I work in 2D only, so I'm confused why it would need to access that much video memory, even in simple files (although I never looked at how much GPU memory it used before I started having these issues, so for all I know that usage is normal). After my GPU / Driver crashes and reboots, and I reactivate hardware acceleration, the memory usage is far lower, never exceeding 3GB until I restart my computer. 

Is there something obvious I'm missing? I find it odd that a 2-year old card can't run AutoCAD smoothly but a 7-year old GT 730 has no issues, other than it being a little slower.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: awatson5EJAC

Have you installed the 2022.1 Update yet? If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates

If that did not help... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCAD2022: reverting to DirectX11 fixes similar problems for most users.

Also consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables: if still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration as a last resort.

HTH

Message 3 of 5
awatson5EJAC
in reply to: pendean

I'll try those possible solutions and see how things work today. Thanks for the reply! 

Message 4 of 5
awatson5EJAC

Seems like setting GFXDX12 to zero and turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING fixed the issue. It still uses, what I think to be, too much video memory, but everything runs a bit smoother and there's no crashes. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Thanks for your feedback.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report