Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2021 - Block measure

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
sergiolordelo342V2
412 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2021 - Block measure

Hi there,

I have created a block in a drawing and then i made a copy to another drawing with the same layer, and de measure of block as changed.

What happened and how can i solve the problem?

sergiolordelo342V2_0-1661845582962.png

[The subject line of this post has been edited for better findability by @handjonathan Original: Block measure ]

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

Try to check INSUNITS system variable . >> Click << 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 11

Hi There,

I have alreready tried, and they are both in millimeters (see image below).

I have noted that, when i copy from a drawing to another, the text doesn't change its heigh, but the simbol is shown in a much short heigh.

sergiolordelo342V2_1-1661852341381.png

Message 4 of 11

I'm afraid that you have a block with the same name in that other drawing ?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 11

Yes, the block has the same name in both drawings.

Message 6 of 11

@sergiolordelo342V2
1) Test your newly created block in 10-12 other DWG files. Still having the same issue?
2) RENAME your newly created block and try to put it into the problem DWG file and see if it changes size again or not.

AutoCAD Rule #1: if your source block's name exists in the destination file already, the destination file will use the block it has and never the block you import. That's what @imadHabash is explaining to you.
Message 7 of 11

Did you have the 'annotative' checkbox on when creating the block?

It might just be scale dependent and will scale different in another drawing with another annotation scales.

Check the properties of the block  in the 'Misc' part there is 'Annotative',

Use BEDIT to change the value to No.

Does this change the behavior?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 8 of 11

@sergiolordelo342V2 

Check that Dimstyle / Primary Units /  Scale Factor are identical for both drawings. Someone might have changed it for drafting purposes...  

02.png

Message 9 of 11

Hi there,

I have already tried,

The scale is the same.

When i copy a block from a drawing to another, the block text mantains the same, but the simbol appears smaller.

If you pay attention to the next two pictures below, you will note the symbol with same size than text in first picture, and the symbol smaller than text in the second picture (symbol is the litle blue square inside a circle that i have drawn).

sergiolordelo342V2_2-1662889011317.png

sergiolordelo342V2_1-1662888967804.png

Message 10 of 11

Hi there,

In Misc separator it appears "no" in annotative, in both drawings. It must have appeared some scale value, like 1:1, for instance?

Even if i try to write something in anotative, it is not possible.

sergiolordelo342V2_0-1662890066872.png

sergiolordelo342V2_1-1662890109243.png

Message 11 of 11

@sergiolordelo342V2 
If the value for 'Annotative' is set to 'No' this means the block is not scale dependent.

The only way for anyone to check now is if you could share both dwg's for anyone to inspect the differences between both drawings.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta