Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2020 not printing correctly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shawnm
893 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2020 not printing correctly

Hi all,

I am having an issue with Autocad 2020 printing to an HP LaserJet 700 m712 printer.  When I print something to a 11x17 sheet its telling the printer that the sheet size is 11x17.34.  This is the only software that I have this problem with.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, tried different drivers, custom sheet sizes and one "fix" that had me click on the paper orientation in the HP properties menu.  If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

Shawn.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: shawnm

Not enough information unless someone guesses you use the HPLJ700M712 from your title and comes in here to look.

Do you have this exact issue if you plot to something else at 11x17? How about ploiting to a PDF?

Post a screenshot of your PLOT dialog box that is ready to go that creates this issue too.

And explain if 2020 got installed today and started doing this from the start, or is the HPLJ new today and this is your first print, or have something else changed?

And last but not least are you plotting to a PC3 file or the default WIndows system driver? And what is this later one exactly, PCL5 or PCL6 based or something else.

Message 3 of 5
shawnm
in reply to: pendean

I am able to plot to any other printer in my office to 11 x 17 with out issue.  yes I can plot to a pdf with out issue. The printers have been installed for a few years now.  My computer was recently upgraded to a windows 10 pc, at that time I installed all of the updated drivers for hardware and external devices including printers as well.  I upgraded to autocad 2020 shortly after it was released and have been applying any patches that have been released . I have not had this issue with any previous version of autocad.   Attached is a screen shot of my current print set up.  I want to note that it doesn't matter if I have window, extents etc. selected.  Portrait or landscape doesn't matter either. 

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: shawnm

Find and use the PCL5e driver for your printer, see if the problem goes away: I suspect that was the driver you used previously in Win7.

>>>...I am able to plot to any other printer in my office to 11 x 17 with out issue...<<<
So it's the printer/driver issue then: You may want to visit HP's user forums (like these, but over at HP) for more help with this one printer and its driver https://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Message 5 of 5
shawnm
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the advice!  I will look in to this and go from there. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report