Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2020, 3dconnexion problem

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1190 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad 2020, 3dconnexion problem

New computer with 2020 installed. Everything works fine except 3d connexion space pilot pro.

Pickfirst variable set to (1) but using buttons on space pilot I have to pick action first and object second. Using toolbar in Autocad works as expected. I have been in contact with 3d connexion but they are saying it is Autocad related because "they implemented support for our devices". 

Anyone else having issues?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
S.Faris
in reply to: Anonymous

make sure the belowprovided values  are set

PICKADD - 2

PICKFIRST - 1

QAFLAGS - 0

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 13
ennujozlagam

you can try to refer to this LINK and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thank you for your replies.

Variables are set as shown. Zoom and pan are not a problem. Pickfirst seems to be the only thing affected. 

Message 5 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you please show us how you have defined your 3d-mouse buttons?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The two most used buttons are move & copy.

I have "move" programmed to the "F" button And "copy" programmed to the "ISO1" button.

Is this what you are asking?

Message 7 of 13
pendean

We need you to drill down further on how those buttons are coded: that can be done by cancelling an active selection first them launching the command (your issue), or simply start and accept whatever is selected (what PICKFIRST allows if there is no cancel-selection action first).

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I'm sorry, I don't know what you are asking. I programmed the buttons through the 3dconnexion menu.

Message 9 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I programmed the buttons through the 3dconnexion menu

I'm with @pendean , we need the details what is stored inside these buttons.

Can you please create a screenshot of the button configuration where you start the move command?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I apologize again for not comprehending what you are asking.

If I select an object and then the copy or move icon in Autocad it comes up saying "specify base point or {displacement}"

If I select an object and then hit the space pilot button it comes up saying "select objects".

This is what I am seeing below the command line. 

Thank you for your patience.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Gentlemen,

I was able to get it to work properly. In the 3dconnexion software under Autocad is a "legacy" folder in which you can choose commands to map to the buttons. Using the "move/open" and the "copy" from this folder the action is back to how it used to operate. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 12 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I apologize again for not comprehending what you are asking

An AutoCAD can be sent (from a menu) with

^C^C_MOVE   ... or just ... _MOVE

Which means in the first case ^C^C stands for press twice <ESC> and is the same as "kill any active command and then start new command _MOVE" ... this "kill active commands" also deselects any selected objects, and so the _MOVE command asks for objects.

And therefor we wanted to know what exactly is sent to the AutoCAD command-line from your 3D-mouse.

But as it's solved .... good you found a way 😉

Interesting would now be what happens when you are inside an active command in AutoCAD ...

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 13 of 13
TimSkene4428
in reply to: S.Faris

I have a space mouse compact that used to work several driver versions back, but no more. Now I have AutoCAD 2020, the buttons work but it gives only jerky orbit motion. The variables are set as noted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report