Did you mean: 

Autocad 2019 Commands stopped working

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
creed
6788 Views, 9 Replies

Autocad 2019 Commands stopped working

So anyone have an idea why the majority of the autocad commands would just become unknown commands? Everything worked fine yesterday, and today I keep getting "unknown command" on almost everything I do. Open autocad and it doesn't know the tool palettes command. Go to edit text by double clicking and it says MTEXT is unknown command. What happened?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dbroad
in reply to: creed

With these kind of problems, remember the 3 R's.  Restart the application, Reboot the computer, and Repair/Reinstall the application.  Try each from easiest to most difficult. Works almost every time.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 10
ВeekeeCZ

Have you tried to change the profile to other than yours, and then back  again?

Message 4 of 10
creed
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

Just tried a different profile and everything worked so far. Guess my profile got corrupted somehow. 😞

Message 5 of 10
creed
in reply to: dbroad

Tried those without any successful change. Just tried a different profile and everything worked. Looks like my profile is corrupt and will have to fix it.

Message 6 of 10
jayhar

Reset or Restore CUIx

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, Please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved. ?

Thanks You
Jayhar.M.J

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 7 of 10
wispoxy

I currently use AutoCAD 2017, but I had a similar issue back when I first installed AutoCAD 2012. Some settings wouldn't set and commands wouldn't work. Reinstalling and dumping temp files and hidden files resolved my issue. I never understood why it happened and the re-installation process felt the same.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Using AutoCAD 2020:

I had the same problem. All my settings were right, but one.

go to: settings>open and save>ObjectARX apps

make sure your "Demand load ObjectARX apps is set to "Object detect and command invoke"

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Before resetting your profile, check your "Demand load ObjectARX apps;" setting. It's located under "Options", "Open and Save" tab. It is probably set to "Disable load on demand". Click on the drop down arrow on the righ. Select "Object detected and command invoke".

This saved me a lot of time  and headache. 

Message 10 of 10
jandrewsWZWFK
in reply to: Anonymous

this fixed the issue with my 2020 thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report