Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2018 Font Inconsistency

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
402 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2018 Font Inconsistency

Hello

I recently began using autocad on a new computer and the TrueType Open Sans (and Open Sans Condensed) font appears as bold.

The same file appears correctly on my old computer, but not on the new one. Meaning that I am forced to export on my old computer.

The fonts, font styles are all installed and consistent, but it's like I cannot turn off bold.

If the text is in italics it appears correctly (in regular, italic text) but as soon as it is turned off the text goes back to bold.

It is not blurry. I'm pretty sure that all other fonts work correctly (both TTF and SHX), except this one.

I've tried reinstalling the fonts, regenerating the drawing, even removing the Open Sans Bold font from my library completely. But it made no difference at all.

Can anyone help me out??

Mia

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

have you try to install altest updates from autodesk and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> and the TrueType Open Sans (and Open Sans Condensed) font

Just to make sure: TrueType or OpenType font?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

It is a TrueType Font

Mia

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

then please uninstall that TTF from the new computer, copy the file from the old computer and install it (not only copy, also right-click the TTF-file and use option "Install" in the context menu).

Then restart your workstation and try the same drawing again, if that does not work, how does this font look like in a new dwg-file?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
TheCADnoob

Ive heard of similar things in the past. check out this link and see if it helps

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/block-attributes-and-text-shift-position-in-autocad-201...

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report