Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2018 cursor precision problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1272 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad 2018 cursor precision problem

I have an issue with the precision of my cursor.

When i try to move a point of a polyline, using "intersection" of the object snap settings, to match another object or polyline, the cursor is very "loose" and offers an intersection next to the polyline, not exactly on it, a little bit before or after it.

When i try to match other geometricals points of a polyline, like the middle or the corner (the one symbolised by triangle and square when you pass the cursor over it), it is accurate and match the exact point aimed for.

Snap is off, SCU is clean, all objects have Z on zero, ...

Any idea how to fix that ?

I like to be precise when i draw, so this is getting me crazy !

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

I see that hardware acceleration (HA) is enabled. As a test, have you checked this with HA disabled? Have you verified that the driver you're using is on the recommended list?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thank you for your quick answer !

Yes, i tried with hardware acceleration on and off, but it doesn't change anything. And my driver is in the recommended list.

The problem just poped one day, i didn't have it before.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Can you show us a video of the problem in action? Use the free Autodesk Screencast tool https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Here is a screencast. You can see that when i aim with the extension setting, it's not precise. But when i aim for a mark like the corner of the other polyline, it works fine.

Also, the problem seems to be quite inconstant, sometimes it does its job of intersection perfectly, and suddenly it seems "tired" and stops being precise.

Message 6 of 8
GrantsPirate

Post that portion of your drawing, about the only way to trouble shoot something like that quickly.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Here's an extract of the drawing, in case anyone can help.

Message 8 of 8
GrantsPirate

You are working a long way from 0,0.  Any reason you can't move everything closer to the 0,0 origin point?  Anomalies do start to show up when working that far away from 0,0.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory