Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2018 Command entry order after Windows Update?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
watkins.erik
451 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2018 Command entry order after Windows Update?

AutoCAD 2018.  Just had a windows update (July 2018), and now my AutoCAD does not start the command until after I enter the command (essentially twice).  For instance, if I want to move something I used to select what I wanted to move, then hit "M" "Enter" and move it.  Now I have to actually enter the command before I select what I want to move.  This is also the case for all other commands, I must enter the command before selecting the object(s) I want to edit, change or modify.  It is pretty inconvenient for me to have to re-learn the process of moving something.  I don't know if it was a change in AutoCAD or if it has to do with the Windows Update that just occurred on my computer.  AutoCAD has also been crashing randomly after the Windows Update as well.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

-Erik

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: watkins.erik

So all of your aliases/command shortcuts are missing?
Does restarting the program fix it?
Are you in a different AutoCAd profile? Windows log-in?
Message 3 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: watkins.erik

What you describe sounds like the PickFirst variable was changed. You probably had it set to "1" and it (somehow) got re-set to "0". Type "PICKFIRST" on the commandline, and respond with "1".

Message 4 of 5
watkins.erik
in reply to: pendean

My commands are there, I just have to enter the command first, then select the line/object, then hit enter again to execute the command.  I used to be able to select the object then enter the command and be done with it.  It sounds like a small change, but I'm very efficient in CAD and when I'm doing 10-20 commands a minute it slows me down to a snails pace.

Message 5 of 5
watkins.erik
in reply to: dmfrazier

Thank you!!!!  That worked.  Not sure what happened for it to revert back to "0" but your solution did the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report