Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2017 QHD 3440x1440 monitor scaling issues?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2425 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCad 2017 QHD 3440x1440 monitor scaling issues?

Hello,

I'm trying to get two new monitors for my AutoCad guy who is running AutoCad 2017.1. I was looking at 4k monitors (3840x2160) before I found out that Autocad 2017.1 doesn't fully support 4k resolution monitors if you are running windows 7 and that there might be scaling issues. Autodesk claims that windows 10 supports 4k monitors but my AutoCad guy doesn't want to upgrade to windows 10 yet. So if I get two 3440x1440 QHD monitors for him. Will there be any scaling issues if he's running AutoCad 2017.1 on windows 7? If not I'm just going to get him two 2k monitors to be safe. 

thanks,

K

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If your graphics card in Windows 7 supports 4K then I think you should be good to go. AutoCAD 2017 update 1 provides support for high resolution monitors. I am not aware of any scaling issues with the update installed. I personally run a hi-res MacBook with Bootcamp and AutoCAD 2017 looks really nice.

Considering that and the likelhood that an OS upgrade is likely in the future it might make sense to go ahead and get the higher resolution screens now.

IMHO 🙂

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 6
braudpat

Hello

You can run with dual monitors with 1440 or 1600 pixels vertical résolution: no problèm with ACAD 201X !

But wiith more than about 1600-1800 pixels (Vertical), you can get some problèms ?! Éventuellement with 2017.1 especially on Windows 7 / 8

Scaling to 125% or 150% can sometimes solve the display bug ?!

Regards, Patrice
Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

hi, i have found the thread and luckily im facing the same problem, my autocad 2017 works great except some icons  or part of it is too small, my laptop is the asus rog g752vs with 4k monitor, ill attach the screen shot, hope you can help me if it is a problem that could be solve...thanks

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Mark,

Make sure you have Autocad 2017.1.1 update installed. You can check for updates if you go to the Autodesk Desktop App preinstalled on your computer. I would also download the latest service pack if I were you. The latest one is January 3rd, 2017.

Article I found on 4k support.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Odd-gr...

Service Pack Link

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2017-service...

thanks,

K

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

HI Sir,

thanks for the fast response. I have found installed the update and scaling works great now, i mean all windows were back to normal now.

thank you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta