Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2016 Sky Background and Illumination - No Illumination!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rmahoney80
6177 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad 2016 Sky Background and Illumination - No Illumination!

Hello,
So as of a few days ago, I was able to turn on "Sky Background and Illumination," and work with my model, with sky-illumination visible in model space.
For some reason, since yesterday, I've not been able to figure out how to get the sky or the sky illumination to display while in model space, AND I've not been able to get a normal looking sky in either model space OR a rendered image. 
When rendering, I'm able to see the sky illumination and it's effect on shadowing, but the sky is either black, or mostly gray with some blue tint (a far cry from the normal blue sky), depending on my exposure setting. I've spent hours crawling the web. Have uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD. I have a deadline rapidly approaching. Shouldn't have uninstalled 2012 😕
Help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks-
Robert

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rmahoney80
in reply to: rmahoney80

This image might be pertinent to the issue - for some reason, the preview pane in the Sun/Sky dialogue window is blank.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

To setup good looking sky, shadows, highlights is a difficult problem demanding some skills. Apply and play with another illumination settings. First of all is Haze. It affects upon sky color and shadow contrast and sharpness. Also change time and date to control sun position. Or if it easy you can change north direction in geolocation of the scene.

Setup and try render again and again. Sure your result will be exellent.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

create "Camera" select the camera then right click choose "Set Camera View" and "Sky Background and Illumination" will be active

Create Cameraright click - Set Camera View

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

do some configuration for lighting, material and rendering

render autocad

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

exterior scene with autocad render >> sky and global illumination

exterior autocad render sky and global illumination

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

interior scene with autocad render sky and global illumination

Message 8 of 8
zionshea
in reply to: Anonymous

Karyaguru,

Mahoney80 is referring to Autocad 2016 and your solution is based on Autocad 2015. The problem, as I am also facing recently, is related only to 2016.

I also have the same problem with 2016, and spent a lot of time to fail in places I already managed to get good results with 2015.

I cannot understand the reason these guys in Autocad make these changes that make their user to waste so much of their time.

I will appreciate if any one will offer a setting to get basic results that will be like real life. simple as that.

Thanks a lot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators