AutoCAD 2016 Crash

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
cunninghaminc
12186 Views, 18 Replies

AutoCAD 2016 Crash

Hello,

I have been searching all day now for a solution to this issue. Attached is the crash dump. I have noticed from one forum that if we undock or close the properties tab this seems to fix the issue as we are not experiencing it at this moment. The problem is our engineers rely heavily on the properties to be open as they use it to assist in their drawings. I find the "solution" to this to be unacceptable as companies pay a large amount of money to use this software. Does anyone else have this issue and has it been resolved?

Thanks.

Steven

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

Application Name:                             acad.exe

Application Version:                           26.1.107.0

Application Timestamp:                    55f64429

Fault Module Name:                          StackHash_218b

Fault Module Version:                        6.1.7601.19135

Fault Module Timestamp:                 56a1c9c5

Exception Code:                                  c0000374

Exception Offset:                                00000000000c0aa2

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  218b

Additional Information 2:                  218bdc08f7a328f8356975d2c38434d7

Additional Information 3:                  9eb3

Additional Information 4:                  9eb3f7eaaa82bd75462081612b5176ac

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          2/29/2016 11:39:40 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      guiter02.cunninghaminc.com

Description:

Faulting application name: acad.exe, version: 26.1.107.0, time stamp: 0x55f64429

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.19135, time stamp: 0x56a1c9c5

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000c0aa2

Faulting process id: 0x2248

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1730effa8b8cc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\acad.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 68391d93-df0b-11e5-91a0-acd1b8d6fc96

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-02-29T17:39:40.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>15760</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>guiter02.cunninghaminc.com</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>acad.exe</Data>

<Data>26.1.107.0</Data>

<Data>55f64429</Data>

<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>6.1.7601.19135</Data>

<Data>56a1c9c5</Data>

<Data>c0000374</Data>

<Data>00000000000c0aa2</Data>

<Data>2248</Data>

<Data>01d1730effa8b8cc</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\acad.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>68391d93-df0b-11e5-91a0-acd1b8d6fc96</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

@cunninghaminc

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: Crashing!!!!

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: cunninghaminc

Is this a sudden and new problem? and is it on ALL pcs or just this one? I feel that you've not mentioned something important.

We all keep PROPERTIES open and have done for as long as that tool palette has been around, so no, whatever it is you found is not a fix but a workaround for an un-diagnosed or unclarified actual problem.

Message 3 of 19

Hi @cunninghaminc,

sorry to hear you have to face such issues. But this seems to be a graphics fault. Please check your video card against Autodesk Certified Graphics Hardware list.

Let me know if there is any change.

Thanks

-----------------------------
Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Message 4 of 19
cunninghaminc
in reply to: pendean

I have just taken over as the Systems Administrator here and this has been an on going and intermittent problem the drafters ahve been experiencing. They do have GTX 745 cards. I have seen replies where people suggest a certified card from the list. We all know in IT that just means those are the cards that were on hand by Autodesk when they wrote and tested the software. There are also occasions when the drafter will drag a browser window from one screen to the next only to have the browser populated by part of the drawing that is opened up in Autodesk MEP 2016. I have tried disabling hardware acceleration, but this is needed as our drafters need to be able to have accuracy in selecting points on the drawing and with the setting disabled they lose accuracy. Would really like to know why this crashes and fails.

Thanks all.

Message 5 of 19

Thank you for the reply, but could you tell me how you came to this conclusion?

Thanks you.

Message 6 of 19

Also we are using building design suite 2016 and I am afraid that Autodesk does not list anything in the graphics feild for 2016. The particular crash happens with MEP 2016.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 19
pendean

So these are random crashes them?
Or Can you personally repeat with the same crash report on demand at any time?

There is not fix or cure for "intermittent" and "random" sadly as you know.

Message 8 of 19
cunninghaminc
in reply to: pendean

When I say random or intermitent I mean that they happen that way, but yes, today I have been successful to have the drafter recreate them. They are moving through the drawing very fast. It seems as they cycle through their items in their menus and click to add as well, that is when the crash happens.

Message 9 of 19

I will get a video to show you and post what is happening.

Message 10 of 19

Hi @cunninghaminc,

Are you (or your end users) sending in the crash reports? (If not, please have them start sending them.)

If you have them, please list a few of the CER numbers, and I'll be happy to look them up to see if we can narrow down the type of crash your users are experiencing.

If this turns out to be a graphics-related crash (it sounds like it may be), as @Sofia.Xanthopoulou recommended earlier in the thread, you may need to ensure the machines are using certified graphics cards for AutoCAD 2016 products, with a certified driver version.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 11 of 19

Hi @cunninghaminc,

I do have an AKN article,  specifically on crashes with "Ntdll-error", which is mentioned in your dump file.

dump_file.png

and this particular line indicates a graphics issue. So, please check your drivers.

Thanks

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Message 12 of 19

As I mentioned in the above reply, the crads we are using are not on the certified list. I am in the process of shopping for the correct cards as I type. But a good question is this:

We are using Autocad MEP 2016.

I cannot find the cards listed for this particular version. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Message 13 of 19

I have seen the post you linked. The exception error is different. Additionally the NTDLL.dll refers to a kernel process, so I am still curious as to how you were able to determine that this was graphics related.

The ntdll.dll file is a file created by Microsoft that has a description of "NT Layer DLL" and is the file that contains NT kernel functions. Thentdll.dll file is located in the c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 directory and can also be found in the c:\i386 directory.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 19

Hi @cunninghaminc,

I'm not sure which operating system you're working on, but there are recommended cards for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10, which I've linked to here.

Be sure to drill down into the details for whichever card you're investigating, to make sure there are driver versions that pass on all counts. Just as an example, clicking on the NVIDIA Quadro K4000 for AutoCAD 2016 on a Windows 10 64-bit system provides the following driver details:

Driver_Details.png

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 15 of 19

Hi @cunninghaminc,

did you follow @Victoria.Studley's advice? 

Please inform us about your progress, so that other readers can benefit from your experience, too. If you are still facing issues, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you

Tags (1)
Message 16 of 19
bjhuffine

I'm seeing a similar issue under different circumstances with AutoCAD 2017.  How did this work out? 

Message 17 of 19
wkutzler
in reply to: bjhuffine

Didnt work out under 17 either. Looks like AutoDesk rather kick the can around than properly debug applications.

Message 18 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: wkutzler

Hi,

>> Didnt work out under 17 either. Looks like AutoDesk rather kick

>> the can around than properly debug applications.

Why do you think you do have exactly the same crash the OP had?

If you would give a bit more information about your behavior we might be able to help (at least we could try it).

Just ranting without any information to the isse does not bring you closer to a solution.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 19 of 19
wkutzler
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Gutted the installation with an application that actually removes the program [Revo], downloaded another copy of the installer and reinstalled, again. It worked this time and the error the OP had in my case cleared. 

Too much time lost with these suites.

/Closed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost