Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 license issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
427 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 license issue

I currently have a student license and the external hard drive i had the program running off has died. It will not allow me to install a new copy directly to my computer. Is there a way this can be fixed?

Thanks, Jamie.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't you Ned to get a new hard drive first?

And what does "not allow" mean to the rest of us?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

it was installed on an external hard drive not the one thats actually in the computer. it seems to be locked to the install path of the now dead external hard drive and wont allow me to browse a different install location.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

I have never heard of anyone successfully running off of an external hard drive, but in any case -

find the Autodesk Clean Uninstall Instructions and follow them, then report back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
pendean

AutoCAD installs content on the primary Operating System drive (on your computer), and installs the rest on any drive you choose. Since you now have a broken installation, you need to remove it from your system first, then reinstall the application again.

Start by reading these and working through all the steps: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-pr...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report