Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Display/Plot Styles Failure

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
P.J.Gallo
477 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Display/Plot Styles Failure

When I open up drawings in ACADE 2015 created in ACADE 2012, the default font for the IEC and IEEE symbols (isocp2.shx) does not display or plot correctly. The text appears light in color and barely legible. However, (using ACADE 2015) if I check the "Use Big Font" box under STYLE, the problem is resolved.

1) Is there a way to automatically select "Big Font" for the entire project without going into each drawing manually?

2) Is there another way to fix this problem? I checked the font files in the support folders in both 2012 and 2015, and they are the same file (same size/date). I temporarily replaced the file in the 2015 folder just to be sure.

Thanks,

Pete

I have attached plots of the same drawing using the same plot setup in 2012 and 2015.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: P.J.Gallo

AutoCAD Electrical forum is here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical/ct-p/2035/interaction-style/forum

Did you remember to move all your fonts, including big fonts, between the programs? Nothing else will do that for you.
Message 3 of 7
P.J.Gallo
in reply to: pendean

So I need to copy the the font files from here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2012\Fonts

to here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Fonts

?

It appears the files are already in the 2015 folder. Am I missing something? I don't recall having this problem while upgrading from ACADE2009 to ACADE2012.

Thanks,

Pete

Message 4 of 7
pendean

So you are NOT upgrading to 2015Electrical? Or you copied the fonts to the wrong folder, which is it.
Message 5 of 7
P.J.Gallo

I did not copy any folders.

I downloaded ACADE2015 two months ago and ran the installation, with the recommended settings. I have not been able to plot text properly since, unless I change the font to "Big Font". If I plot using ACADE2012, everything comes out great. I have both versions on my PC.

I did not manually create any font folders. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I did not upgrade to ACADE2015.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

You posted folder locations: one has an E after AutoCAD and one does not.

ACADE 2012 vs AutoCAD 2015

AFAIK it looks like the wrong program folder to me.
Message 7 of 7
P.J.Gallo

Those were the default folders. I didn't alter them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report