Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2008

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
apanbasu
849 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2008

I do not what I did - now I cannot see Model space and layout because of the command line covering tha5t area. If I have to add any command I have to add the command with the bottom open. If I have to switch between model space and layout -I have close this and then open with Ctrl 9. See attached screen shot.

How do I bring this in single command line?

Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: apanbasu

Hi,

please find attached my screenshot, showing where you should take the command line (mouse left-click and hold button) and move into the direction shown with the arrow. While moving you'll see at a specific position a (virtual) rectangle showing where it would dock, if you see that rectangle release the mouse button.

20181109_205637.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
apanbasu
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I tried that. Unfortunately, the wording command line is not showing up The area is docked on the right hand side. I can hide and open. What I had before is  the command line is always shown at the bottom of the screen. If I need more information, I could open up the area. I tried pull it up on the right hand side and tried to make the command line horizontal and docked at the bottom the screen without luck.

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I tried pull it up on the right hand side

What happens when you move it more to the right and then release the mouse button? Does it jump back?

Or in case it even can't be moved away it might be a locked interface ... in that case please use command _LOCKUI and change it's setting to 0

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 7
apanbasu

I have attached a screen shot of the present condition. It just does not jump back. It can go vertical on the right hand side. In the past it became horizontal when I have dragged it down. Now it becomes horizontal but have much wider window. I am trying to keep the command line in one strip.

Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if moving the command-line does not show the rectangle where it can be docked it might be set to avoid docking. Therefor please right-click on the point of the command-line palette title bar and enable docking as shown here (sorry for German screenshot, I don't have such an old AutoCAD as English version available):

20181110_153835.png

Another option might be to change your current menu layout to a different workspace, on the top right area of your menu layout you can see that the current selected workspace is "AutoCAD Classic", try to select a different workspace, does the command line now look ok?

20181110_154100.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 7
apanbasu

Many Thanks. I changed to 2D version and it worked. I am 82 years old and I do not need this type of diversions.

Again Thanks you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report