Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2007 for windows 7 and windows 10

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jbalchunis
35230 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2007 for windows 7 and windows 10

My previous post was for AutoCAD 2007 being run in windows 7, but needing to be run in Compatibility mode.

I went to Compatibility mode, but it was not accessible...shown 'out of function', could not click on it.

I wanted to select compatibility with XP. What can I do?

Can AutoCAD 2007 be run in windows 10 somehow?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: jbalchunis

Your version of AutoCAD2007 is not supported in Win10 as explained here http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X

For most users these free tips help a lot http://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/ (similar tips for your Win7 issue may work too if you can cure your right-click mouse problem)

For others they purchase a fix from these folks http://www.longbowsoftware.com

As far as Autodesk is concerned, you will need to subscribe to a newer version of AutoCAD.

Hope these help.

Message 3 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @jbalchunis,

I’ve just accepted the response to your post as a solution with the understanding that it is the answer. I would like to mention that while running older software on Windows 10 appears to work for some customers, it is not recommended.  Not to make this sound like a marketing or sales issue, one must consider that older software applications running in newer versions of Windows can put their data and productivity at risk.  I suggest it is wise to look at the system requirements for your application and to run it in the intended environment and configuration.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

for Education for Student

Message 5 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> for Education

It does not make sense to learn a 13 year old software as this old version does not look even similar to what you get and use now.

If you are student then login to the Autodesk students account (>>>click<<<), download and install the current software.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

for Education for  Student Drawing Example Teaching

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

A Student for Teaching

Message 8 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> for Student Drawing Example Teaching

As a teacher, please do NOT teach software that is such outdated (except you are teaching informatics history). A student who gets trained with 2007 nowadays will not understand the GUI from the current software when he starts working at an employer's location...

As teacher you can login to the same link I mentioned above to get your CURRENT software.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost