Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2002

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2462 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2002

I know this is ancient technology at this point but, does anyone out there know where I can come across an AutoCAD 2002 install disk/file? We own a legitimate copy. Just seem to have misplaced the install disk. Shelling out thousands for a new version is not an option.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

Shelling out thoussands is not really an option anymore.  You can rent current versions of Acad by the month/hear/quarter (marketed as Desktop Subscription).  But you can't buy an upgrade

Or you can spoend a couple of hundred bucks for a perpeptual license of Ares Commander from Graeber, or BricsCAD, CorelCAD, or one of the intellicad variants.

Or go really cheap and use the 'free to use for any purpose' Draftsight.  Since you're still on Acad 2002, Draftsight will be a nice improvement.

And yes, all the programs mentioned are DWG compatible.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

We also have CAM software for our KOMO machines that was designed to work with Autodesk. I'm not sure if these would be compatible with the other programs that you've suggested. In the meantime, we'll keep looking for that install disk. I appreciate your timely response. Thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Try eBay, sometimes the oldest software show up.
Message 5 of 7
rkmcswain

To directly answer your question, you won't be able to get install media or a download from Autodesk. You *may* be able to find someone out there in the world who can share a download and/or a media disk, then you can use your existing S/N to install. Not sure if 2002 required online activation, but if so, that may or may not be available from Autodesk.

You'd probably be better off pursuing one of the options that @Jgerth mentioned - although I can't speak to the compatibility of your 3rd party tools.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I still have my old AutoCAD 2002 disk.  I've just got onto this as I want to install it on a new computer running Windows 10 and it is not happening.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

2002 won't work in Windows 10. I had to set up a virtual machine with Windows XP. Not ideal, but better than paying thousands for a new program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report