Did you mean: 

ATI FirePro M5100 extremely slow

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2181 Views, 5 Replies

ATI FirePro M5100 extremely slow

Hi,

I have just bought a new HP Zbook laptop with ATI FirePro M5100 graphics card. It was the middle option between NVIDIA K610M and K1100M. AutoCAD 2015 has detected the card and has checked all settings in hardware acceleration panel. Unfortunately everything works really slowly. The files are rendered correctly, but panning and zooming is extremely laggy. If I disable hardware acceleration everything works fine.

It is a brand new laptop and I am wondering what could be the reason behind this? I cannot believe that this card is too slow to work with basic CAD drawings.

And yes, I have updated the drivers.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

rybka007 wrote:

And yes, I have updated the drivers.

this maybe the problem

the latest drivers are not always the best

try a previous version of the drivers

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

At the beginning I have used drivers provided by manufacturer on CD. After experiencing those issues I have tried updating them. No difference.

Additionally when AutoCAD starts the middle screen is all black. There are no options visible to open recent drawing etc. It doesn't bother me actually.

Has anyone been able to use that graphics card with hardware acceleration on? What drivers configuration should I use?

This laptop (hp zbook g2) with that specs has been recommended to me to be optimal for AutoCAD work and after buying it I am a bit let down. I don't won't my money to be wasted, but I don't believe it can't be solved. 

Message 4 of 6
blorich

Rybka007,

I was wondering if you are still using this Graphics card and if you are still experiencing any problems.  My company has just bought us all new laptops and this is the same graphics card they bought.  My workstation runs on a quadro 5k, so will I notice a signifigant difference? We are using the Plant design suite.  Have you tested any of the previous drivers?  Any input you have would be helpful.

Thanks 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: blorich

I have managed to solved some of the problems. The black screen issuse at the start of Autocad persists but the overall experience is much better.

What seemed to work best are the newest graphic cards drivers from HP (that appeared in the meantime) and switching off hybrid mode in Bios. 

Message 6 of 6
blorich

Thanks for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report