Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Plot Style to RGB Colours (Non Index)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
96eric1
435 Views, 2 Replies

Assigning Plot Style to RGB Colours (Non Index)

Hi Everyone

I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere. Does anyone know how to assign a plot style/ plot colour to things drawn in non index colours (Specific RGB Colours).

E.g I have some line work drawn in the colour 255,101,0. It would normally plot as is, but I want to be able to plot in black but from what I can find the plot style editor only allows the editing of Indexed colours.

I'm working on a quite a large number of drawings that have a lot of linework with very specific RGB values assigned to them and would rather not go through each drawing manually (almost everything has been blocked together as well) to change the colours to an indexed colour.

Would greatly appreciate any knowledge anyone has on this.

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cadffm
in reply to: 96eric1

Hi,

>>"Does anyone know how to assign a plot style/ plot colour to things drawn in non index colours (Specific RGB Colours)."

You are using color-depending Plotstyle-Tables (.CTB), ctb are for ACI ONLY!

The Plotstyle table have 255 Plotstyles, foreach ACI one, that's it.

If you are using named plotstyles (.stb), you can setup your own plotstyle and you can assign them color independed to objects or layers.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
3wood
in reply to: 96eric1

Method 1

You can save the drawing as AutoCAD R12/LT2 DXF (*.dxf) format first. Then open and print the dxf file.

1000.jpg

Method 2

Open the pdf file, then print it again with 'Microsoft Print to PDF' and select 'Print in grayscale (black and white).

ATT3.JPG

Method 3

Print it with 'DWFx ePlot (XPS Compatible)' and change it's properties to 'Monochrome'. Then open the DWFx file and print it again with 'Microsoft Print to PDF' printer.

Rotate 1.JPG1000.jpg

Method 4

Set up a color matching rule: (255, 101, 0) → 30, then use CHZ20 check all objets and convert all specific truecolors to index color.

ATT2.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta