Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture "Redlines to work on" question

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
366 Views, 8 Replies

Architecture "Redlines to work on" question

I have an interview here soon and I was told I would be given some redlines to work on and I just wanted to see if I could get some clarification. I am not entirely new to CAD, but am to the architecture side of CAD so my only knowledge of redlines comes from the research I did. Does this mean I will be given a "template" plan and I will have to make changes to the template? I just want to make sure I am prepared as possible so any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know what a template plan is but when you are told you will be given redlines this is what should happen

The "redlines" will be a markup giving you instructions to make changes and/or additions to a project file(s) that has already been started. You may be required to follow standards that have already been established in the files or you will be given a handout that has their standards that you should follow.

Good luck!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Thank you so much for the response. May I ask for 60 more seconds of your time to see if the video in this link is what I should be expecting. I really do appreciate the help so much. 

CAD-1 Presents - Design Review - YouTube

Message 4 of 9
RobDraw

That video is way more than 60 seconds. 

Rob

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

I'm sorry I didn't mean for you to watch the entire video. I was mainly asking if that is the general look look of what I should expect. Honestly, I have already asked too much so I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9
RobDraw

I don't blame you for wanting to be prepared. You can only offer what you know. These kind of interview tests should be mostly about the ability to follow directions. They are usually very basic as far as ability to use the program. Especially for entry level positions.

Rob

Message 7 of 9
user181

You will most likely be given a printed plan with hand drawn changes in red like image below and you will have to modify the cad file accordingly.  What the redlines will be is anybody's guess though. 

redline.jpg

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: user181

Yea the printed plan vs what I have seen in Autodesk Design Review is why I was looking for some clarification. I am fairly decent in AutoCAD which I assume I would use for the printed plan, but I have never used the Design Review. I didn't know if I would be told that program is more commonly used, which in case I would have spent time trying to figure it out. I hope you are correct that it will be a printed plan. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it. 

Message 9 of 9
RobDraw

Any decent job description should list the software that they use. Some companies have tried to limit the use of paper and use review or other platforms for redlines/markups. But again,  the jib description should include that information. 

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators