Did you mean: 

Anonymous Page Setups

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mnorton
496 Views, 7 Replies

Anonymous Page Setups

Just kidding.  They're not really anonymous. They're just hiding.  I have page setups in a drawing that do not appear in the page setup list.  The only reason I know they are there is I am prompted to overwrite them when I use PSETUPIN to re-import them.  It happens on all machines but not all drawings. Can someone please help me?

Mike Norton - The Civil Guy
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: mnorton

Hi Mike,

Can you share a drawing that has them and tell me what they are named so I can look for them?  I suspect that they might be damaged and need to be recreated.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 8
mnorton
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks for your help, John.  The page setups are named PDF, Printer, and Plotter.

Message 4 of 8
john.vellek

HI Mike,

When I opened your file I performed a Purge, Audit, -Purge>Regapps (it found a bunch of apps to get rid of). then I typed Page Setup and the three setups you describe are in the list.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 8
mnorton

John,

No luck yet.  You are right about the large number of regapps in the drawing I provided but that's not the case in a few other drawings I checked.

Mike

Message 6 of 8
john.vellek

Hi Mike, 

I tested this in plain AutoCAD (2015, 2016, and 2017). Is this just happening in Civil? Is it happening on more than one computer?

Can you import these into your template, remove them from the drawing and then re-import them?

John Vellek

Message 7 of 8
mnorton

John,

We work exclusively in Civil 3D but this may be an as-designed situation.  I discovered that page setups created using the Page Setup Manager (PSM) on the model tab are displayed in both the PSM and the Plot dialog but only on the model tab.  

Page setups created using the PSM on layout tabs display on all layout tabs but not on the model tab.

It's Monday and my brain is a little beat up from the weekend. I'm not sure about the workaround yet.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 8 of 8
john.vellek

HI @mnorton,

You are correct about the model vs layout setups. I was only looking at Paperspace when I checked the Page Setup Manager. I so rarely plot from modelspace I did not think to look there to see if they showed up.

Obviously a setup in paperspace can include Layout for what to plot. This would break in modelspace as there is no Layout

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report