Did you mean: 

Annotation Scale Behavior

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
it.controller
1513 Views, 8 Replies

Annotation Scale Behavior

So, I'm encountering a problem with annotation scales through an Xref. In the source file I have text objects that I have made annotative and in the list of annotation scales i have added the scales at which i want the text to display in (2) separate host files, ie, my sheet files to be plotted in paperspace. In one sheet file layout the scale is 1"=20' and in the other file 1"=10'. 

I cannot get both to display properly. In both sheet files the annotation scale and the viewport scale match. I don't understand what's going on here. 

Interestingly, If i create two paper space layouts in the source drawing at the scales above the text will appear the correct 1/8" height in both as would normally be expected. But in xrefed files this is not working. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
john.vellek
in reply to: it.controller

Hi @it.controller,

Can you attach a sample of this? I would like to see if changing style names in the Xref make it behave differently.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 9
it.controller
in reply to: john.vellek

Ok. here is the file package in question. If you focus in on the northeast quadrant you will see two utility lines running through the sports field; a 6" water main and 10x15 sanitary sewer. The text for the sanitary line is annotative and is what's causing the difficulty. The source file for that object is "Survey for Drawing" in the package. Following what I have come to understand about annotative scales, that text should be 1/8" in paperspace.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @it.controller,

Weird, when I look at the master file at that text it appears to be at 1/8" As a a check, I put in a piece of non-annotative text in paper space.

Please tell me what I am not understanding because it looks correct to me.Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 9
it.controller

In the host file, that bit of annotative text appears 1/16".  This would seem to indicate that it is following the 1"=10' annotative scale given that the viewport is 1"=20' scale. However, the annotation scale and viewport scale are both indicating 1"=20'. Is the another variable or option I'm missing?

Message 6 of 9

I seem to have problems when I have more than one annotation scale in the object's list. If i delete all the other scales except for 1, it will appear correct in my xref sheet file when that layout is in the corresponding scale. Obviously, this defeats the purpose since i want the same text to appear the same size across all drawings and scales. 

Message 7 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @it.controller,

I hope I am following your line of thought here but I admit I am a bit perplexed. When I look at that text in modelspace of your xref'd drawing, I list the properties of the text. It indicates that the Paperspace height for the text for all assigned scales (1"=10', 1"=20') is set to 1/8". This appears to be correct when I look at your master file at both scales.

The modelspace height of 1.25 is set independent of how it will be displayed in paperspace.

Capture.PNG

Make sure that when you are setting the scale for your viewport that you are not just selecting 1:20 but select the 1"=20'-0"_Xref scale. 

John Vellek

Message 8 of 9
it.controller

Thanks. The _XREF scale did the trick. Just 1" = 20' was selected, but once I expanded the window i could see the _XREF option. Can you explain the difference this makes?

Also, in the other file i alluded to earlier (but did not attach) i similarly had 1"=10' selected for the annotation scale in model space of the master file, yet that one didn't cause any problem plotting at .125 in paperspace. 

Message 9 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @it.controller,

I assume that since the model space of the Xref was at that scale already then selecting the 1:10 didn't make any difference.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory