Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Photo background

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
593 Views, 1 Reply

Aerial Photo background

We have a 4 mile long sanitary force main project that we would like to use aerial photography as the background.  We have have AutoCAD base drawings that contain exist contours and I would like to refernce in the aerial photo image and then use IMAGECLIP to trim the image outside the border.  The existing drawing containing the contours uses the NAD_1983_StatePlane_Tennessee_FIPS_4100_Feet coordinate system and hopefully it would be possible to have the Aerial Photo fall right on top of this.

ArcGIS for AutoCAD can supply the image and it looks great & falls on top of the existing contour drawing perfectly but since the image is dynamic it does not allow triming of the image.

I can export the image out of ArcMap as JPEG or TIFF but the image loses its coordinate system, comes in about 500 miles away from the contour drawing when referenced in and is super small (10 inches).  I have TN State Plane coord set in ArcMap and the image seems fine inside ArcMap but goes whacky when expored.

What is the best method to accomplish this task using vanilla AutoCAD 2016 ?

Thanks for your help !

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
АлексЮстасу
in reply to: Anonymous

You can insert an image into free place near the contours, and then move, rotate and scale it _ ALIGN - by a corresponding points of image and contours.

But if there is possibility, then like it is better to do in Map/Civil 3D: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-general/bd-p/85

_IMAPIINSERT command of the Map/Civil 3D inserts the image of world-file raster.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report