Advanced Block Editing

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
AS3000F6VWZ
114 Views, 1 Reply

Advanced Block Editing

Hello all,

I am about 7 months or so of CAD work in and I have done my very best to learn as much as I could, using custom UI settings, adjusting commands, using my gaming mouse for hot keys, using LISP programming and learning through Lee Mac, the whole lot. 

I would like to address this is not an issue I am having but rather a query as I think this would be an awesome feature if it exists.

I notice that with a lot of these posts some people are vague so I will try to be as descriptive as I can be, here is what I am suggesting (Note that I am using 2024 version of AutoCAD):

I am currently making a project where there are 2 similar drawings except at the ends of each of the chains/links (polylines) are different objects, my example to you is imagine one project with an assortment of brown sticks with marshmallows at the end of each of the sticks that branch out, and the other with an assortment of orange sticks with a candy apple at the end of each of the sticks that branch out, so in practice the only notable changes are the colour of the sticks (which of course can be changed with match properties, changing layers or anything otherwise), but the marshmallows and candy apples are both different blocks.

Now that I have explained a basic situation, I am going to mention importantly that these marshmallows and candy apples have identical sizes and scaling, however, they have varying rotations, meaning I cannot just simply burst and or replace said blocks, hence bringing me to this forum. 

Is there a way to either:

- Mass replace blocks with unique rotations.

- Easily add the candy apples at the end of each orange stick without individually needing to add each single one.

Any other method to help save time here would be greatly appreciated. This project doesn't have a lot of replacements needed however it would be an extremely useful tool in the future to save many minutes of time over and over again.

Should you need any further clarity please do not hesitate to ask.

Signed,

MN

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cadffm
in reply to: AS3000F6VWZ

Hi,

use one way to replace blockreferences, for example BREPLACE

use one way to select the blockreferences in question, for example QSELECT 

filter for blockreference / rotation.

Both together is what you ask for.

Use qselect first, breplace as second step

If breplace ignores preselected objects, use object selection method [P]revious

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report